GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How do you clean your dashboard?!

Stripey

Ready to race!
I realise this maybe a silly question, but what is the best item/product to use to clean a dashboard, specifically to just wipe away dust & finger marks? Any cloth I use seems to add more static to the plastic and just attracts more dust than I wipe off! I also struggle to clean the inside of the windscreen without leaving a distracting haze or sheen. What's best on that? I've tried a few different types of cloth, dry & wet, but not great results. My previous cars have been a bit better at hiding dirt but it may also be that I dont want to spoil the nice looking interior of the golf which has got me thinking about cleaning.

As you can tell, I very rarely/never clean the inside of my car (that's what services are for!) but with the dash of a mk7 being glossy black, it does tend to attract and show up everything. And a hazy windscreen is a bit of a distraction which I'd rather be without. I know these are not issues specific to mk7 golfs but some of you guys who love cars are bound to have some good ideas (that hopefully don't involve paying someone else to do it). Any ideas, tips, etc welcome :)

gtiw7

Ready to race!
I was annoyed trying to clean the interior as well...I wipe it but some dust is still there!

try a micro-fiber towel, that solved it for me ;)

Last edited:

Tyrant2

Passed Driver's Ed
I was annoyed trying to clean the interior as well...I wipe it but still some dust is still there!

try a micro-fiber towel, that solved it for me ;)

same here, most of the times a damp micofiber towel does great (dry towel will only help taking away some dust but smudges and stubborn prints remain). other times i use meguires interior cleaner.

Stripey

Ready to race!
Thanks - I still find that the plastic over the speedo dials is a dust magnet whatever you use. All I end up doing is creating clumps of dust stuck to the plastic, rather than havr it spread evenly!

And what about windscreens? Dusty dashboards I can handle but hazy windscreens are a nightmare in certain light making it distracting to see out.

ept

Ready to race!
You need to try a dedicated glass cleaner like Stoners Invisible Glass alternatively have a look on detailing world your bound to find the answer on that forum.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I use a small fluffy duster (something similar to the pledge one) no chemicals and no scratching.

JCJ

Ready to race!
Dashboards seem to attract dust, however I use my Dyson handheld vacuum cleaner with soft dusting brush on the end. It is excellent at removing all traces of dust etc. Takes me 5 minutes once a week to vacuum entire car. Easy!