GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAPerformance Golf R Hot Parts & Stage 2 Package Is HERE

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
We are excited for the official release of the MAPerformance Stage 2 Performance Package which, when combined with the MAPerformance Stage 2 OTS Tune, is a very powerful performance upgrade! Throughout the R&D, testing and calibration phases of this 2015+ Golf R platform, we have been thoroughly impressed with the performance gains with each hardware modification adding significant power, torque and agility. Better yet, the hardware was designed to support considerably higher power levels so no worries about future upgrades; these performance parts support all the power you’d like to make with any bolt-on turbo upgrade and related modifications!

When comparing the MAP Stage 2 package to a stock Golf R with the MAP Stage 1 OTS Tune, there are many advantages far beyond the improved sound and raw power. Not only are the power and torque gains inherently impressive, but it’s also important to note how much less work required from the turbo and less stress on the engine to achieve the higher power levels. Below we’ll look at some of the key benefits and advantages the Stage 2 hardware combined with the Stage 2 Tune.

MAP DOWNPIPE (MAP VWMK7R-DP)

Unleash the true potential of your MK7 Golf R with our high-quality USA Made downpipe! The factory 2015 - 2017 Volkswagen Golf R downpipe is a huge bottleneck, limiting flow and robbing power. Our MAPerformance upgraded downpipe will increase exhaust flow to the exhaust system, adding horsepower and torque throughout the power band!

Designed to last a lifetime, our MK7 2015+ Golf R downpipes are available in a catted (Race or GESI) or catless version for those customers without any restrictions on emissions.

Features:
CNC machined 304 stainless turbo discharge flange
3" stainless steel inner liner exhaust flex to handle the higher heat generated from turbocharged applications
3" one piece mandrel bent 304 stainless steel tubing
V-band exhaust connections for easy install

MAP AIR INTAKE (MAP VWMK7-AI)

Standing out in the crowd can be hard. Especially at large car meets. But pop the hood on your MK7 GTI and people are sure to notice the MAPerformance intake system! Sporting a high flow Green Filters Air Filter and the raw stainless look, your engine bay will go from blah to bang! But that's not all you'll get from this VW GTI intake upgrade....

During the design phase of this intake, we paid close attention to details to ensure customers get the most bang for their buck. You'll get a full 3" intake pipe for maximum velocity and charge potential, and the mandrel bending process ensures a smooth transition from filter to turbo inlet.

Features:
Full 3" tubing design reduces restrictions
Made from 304 stainless steel for superior corrosion resistance and enhanced appearance
Mandrel bent tubing throughout optimizes intake flow
6" velocity stack for increased airflow
Made in the USA

COMBINE IT ALL AND UNLEASH MAXIMUM POWER WITH MAP STAGE 2 PACKAGE (MAP VWMK7R-S2-DP)

Features:
All hard parts are 304 Stainless Steel
100% Mandrel Bent 3" Piping
Fully Tig Welded and Back-purged
91 Octane 330whp / 344wtq
93 Octane 333whp / 353wtq (+54whp/75wtq vs stock!)

We have what everyone wants to see! Dyno Graphs! Below we have our stock 2017 Golf R pull vs. MAP stage 1 OTS tunes (91 and 93 octane) as well as the MAP Stage 2 Kit (also 91 and 93).

MAP OTS Stage 1 Tune (FREE with Accessport Purchase) 91 and 93 octane:

MAP Stage 2 Performance Package - 91 and 93 octane:

2015+ Golf R Stage 2 Package | MAPerformance Sound Clips and Review:

https://youtu.be/TX9oalF_0XA

These parts are currently in production and we are looking for a few select people for beta testing! Anyone interested will get a substantial discount on the Stage 2 kit, for third party feedback. PM me if you are interested!

~Ian @MAP
Please feel free to ask any questions! Email me: otstunes@maperformance.com

Last edited:

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
So what's the difference in this stage 1 OTS vs the Cobb stage 1 OTS. And can the stage 1 map be purchased separately if we already have the accessport.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Everything. Our tune is not a modified Cobb OTS tune. Rather, it was developed from scratch in house. Yes, our Stage 1 tune can be purchased separately for $75, or it's free with the purchase of an Accessport from us.

So what's the difference in this stage 1 OTS vs the Cobb stage 1 OTS. And can the stage 1 map be purchased separately if we already have the accessport.

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
Hmm I may have to buy the tune... How does it run in terms of knock, I have access to 93 octane and I usually add a CPL gallons of e85. The Cobb stage 1 I run now always is getting in -3 on WOT and sometimes up to-5 or -6.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
There should be a reduction in overall knock on our OTS tune. We run less ignition timing than the Cobb OTS tunes do.

Hmm I may have to buy the tune... How does it run in terms of knock, I have access to 93 octane and I usually add a CPL gallons of e85. The Cobb stage 1 I run now always is getting in -3 on WOT and sometimes up to-5 or -6.

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
So far, no issues that we have noticed on our test car. Cobb is still working on their DGS tunes which should help tremendously. But this is a great reason for early beta testers. We want feedback from other vehicles on how the transmission is behaving with the tune.

Also how does the stage 1 93 octane work with the stock tcu tune with clutch slip.

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
Well I made the purchase yesterday for the stage 1 93oct. Will see how it runs with my dsg R...quick question tho I was curious as to why you guys still charge shipping for althe tune when it is sent by email is it not?

MAPerformance1

MAPerformance
Car(s)
MK7 GTI Sport
Thanks! Can you PM me please? I want to discuss an option for the tune you just purchased.

Well I made the purchase yesterday for the stage 1 93oct. Will see how it runs with my dsg R...quick question tho I was curious as to why you guys still charge shipping for althe tune when it is sent by email is it not?

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
So I got the stage 1 93 octane tune flashed on my car and finally got to do a CPL WOT pulls. So far it feels so much smoother and overall better than the Cobb OTS tune. Seems to be alot less KR and even the transmission seams more in tune with the engine. Pulls hard all the way to redline. I will be trying to get some datalogs of some 3rd gear pulls to send to MAP soon. So far I highly recommend this tune as a viable option until you get protuned if that's the route you plan on going. Thank you Ian and Brian!

SteveRrrr

Do all mk7 Downpipes fit the 7.5? For Golf R.
Based on my research the answer is yes. If you look at the various European tuners/performance parts companies, most list the exact same part #'s between Mk7 and Mk7.5 (many NA companies aren't specifically listing 2018/Mk7.5 R parts yet).

The only first hand knowledge I have is that the CTS DP fits just fine in the Mk7.5

So based on all that I'd guess most Mk7 DPs will fit the Mk7.5.... cat-backs are another story.....

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
So will get some datalogs sent to you guys but I have noticed that when going WOT from 3rd to 4th it seems to pull a good bit of timing -4 and sometimes -5 on several cylinders. And for it feels like it stops pulling nearly as hard after 5500 rpm... I did get a short log this morning, it's raining now so will have to wait til weather clears up to get more. This is still running alot better than. The Cobb OTS map and the torque and feel on the lower and mid-range is great. Just seems the upper rpm needs some fine tuning.