GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Audi TT-RS front brake uprade on a 7R

Dragk913

Go Kart Newbie
I don't unfortunately. The kit sells from ECS and a few other places for $2500 or so I believe.

Thanks for the links! I’m definitely going to keep an eye out for a deal like the one you got:)

Chuckable

Ready to race!
Resurrecting this thread. I've read all about the TT RS brake upgrade on different forums, and from what I can tell the hub/spindle bracket is the only part that doesn't "plug and play" aside from a bit of filing needed for the body brake line bracket. Is that correct?

Someone mentioned getting custom hoses made that adapt the stock GTI lines to the TT RS calipers as a solution, but I haven't seen any more discussion on that. Has anyone gone this route?

mattkosem1

Ready to race!
I mean, it's a direct bolt on kit designed to allow the TTRS calipers to be fitted to an MKVII car with readily available inexpensive rotors. You can email them to ask, but it seems to include all that is needed for a direct fit.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!

Chuckable

Ready to race!
I have this Kit. Plug and play.
All hw is included.
Remember that you will need spacers when 340/345 mm disc is used in combination with 4pot TTRS calipers. Wheel design is what dictates the thickness of the spacers...

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

Can you tell if it’d be plug and play with the 370mm discs too as far as the brake line mounting on the spindle?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Can you tell if it’d be plug and play with the 370mm discs too as far as the brake line mounting on the spindle?

You are talking about two different things.
I you go the 370 mm disc oem size you do not need to buy anything but new brake lines..
Stock 370 mm disc from TTRS (not RS3 8P) Will fit strait on. This includes oem caliper brackets.. [emoji4]

Chuckable

Ready to race!
You are talking about two different things.
I you go the 370 mm disc oem size you do not need to buy anything but new brake lines..
Stock 370 mm disc from TTRS (not RS3 8P) Will fit strait on. This includes oem caliper brackets.. [emoji4]

Thanks but maybe I’m not communicating this well. The minor issue with the 370mm rotors with RS brakes is apparently the brake line bracket. Here’s the thread on it:
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8864
http://s1370.photobucket.com/user/Matthew_Eagan/media/image.jpg1_zpsogje0cxq.jpg.html
From what I’ve read, I’m wondering if the fix is custom brake lines that use all Mk7 Golf R brake lines except at the caliper connection, which is what I’m wondering if the Vagremtexhnic kit does.

dc22

Ready to race!
Ever get any clarity on this last question? I am also wondering the ssme.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Ever get any clarity on this last question? I am also wondering the ssme.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

You just need TT-RS brake lines and you can easily modify the bracket for the line, it is a very minor thing.