GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
Got a set of Continental DWS 06's installed. :cool:
I can already feel a big difference.
Looking forward to seeing how much better they are in the wet than the Pirelli Cintuartao's were.
The Pirelli's had to be babied on wet surfaces.

Congrats. :D That is what I run on my dd as well. Good choice. If your area has good snow removal you can definitely run that all year without issue.

For me, I drove my Golf-R (I don't drive the car much) and parked in the garage without EPB. However I did put a chock behind the rear tire just in case I accidentally roll the car while cleaning the interior.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
Congrats. :D That is what I run on my dd as well. Good choice. If your area has good snow removal you can definitely run that all year without issue.

For me, I drove my Golf-R (I don't drive the car much) and parked in the garage without EPB. However I did put a chock behind the rear tire just in case I accidentally roll the car while cleaning the interior.

Thank you so much!
Yes, the Continental DWS 06's edging out their competitors in snow and wet conditions are what led me to go with them.
I'm in central NJ, and snow removal here is excellent.
I'm also fortunate enough to have a job where I can take the day off if I wake up to snow, or if the forecast calls for snow late in the day - that way I don't have to come home to a car covered in snow in the municipal parking lot at the end of my work day.
It was raining here yesterday, and I can already feel a huge difference when I tried it out getting on the throttle from a dead stop.
The Pirelli Cinturatto's spun with little provocation.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
They are a bit tricky to apply. They just stick on with adhesive, and you can peel and reposition as many times as needed. But because the mk7 GTI fogs are irregularly shaped and recessed behind the black plastic “fins” it’s kind of a PITA but not terrible. I’d say I spent 15-20 min to do all 6 to satisfaction.
[emoji16]

I think any job that only takes 20min wouldnt constitute being a pita. I wish most installs would only take that long.

If someone truly finds a struggle to tint the fogs, removing them would make things easier. It does require extra effort but might be worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!

Looking forward to seeing how much better they are in the wet than the Pirelli Cintuartao's were.

Yes those tires are fantastic compared to the pirelli. Had them on my TDI

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Did a group install of the new WCT throttle pedal spacer on a mountain top!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Ordered some parts 4 days ago because I would be in "CONUS" and figured I'd have it shipped to my hotel and carry it back in my luggage (CV boots). According to eBay still hasn't shipped so I requested to cancel. Hopefully I can get a full refund.
I hate how I get f***ked with shipping one way or another.

mikkelz_za

Ready to race!
Painted my wheel hubs (brake rotors)

After seeing numerous photos of rusty wheel hubs (technically, the brake rotor is more correct?) and reading a few "how-to" guides, I decided to paint mine! Honestly, if I hadn't seen the photos it would not have bothered me. But what was seen could not be unseen and I had to do something about it.

It was a hot weekend, so it felt like a lot of effort for what was a relatively easy job in the end. This was by far the most "DIY" I've done on my GTI.

Products used for painting:

- Steel wire brush
- Hammerite (smooth silver)
- 12mm paint brush

Products used for cleaning:

- CarChem luxury car shampoo
- Autoglym Magma iron decontamination
- Meguiars liquid cleaner wax
- Microfiber cloth

I used a 600mm breaker bar with a 17mm deep wall socket which made loosening the lug nuts a piece of cake.

Painting

Before

During

After

Wheels

Before

After

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT

I finalllyyyyy took the plunge on REAL tires for the first time ever a month ago (AS3+), and I am just smitten. On stock power, I literally can't get my tires to chirp or break loose. Now that my tires are no longer the limiting factor, I'm feeling the need for a RSB though...

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
I finalllyyyyy took the plunge on REAL tires for the first time ever a month ago (AS3+), and I am just smitten. On stock power, I literally can't get my tires to chirp or break loose. Now that my tires are no longer the limiting factor, I'm feeling the need for a RSB though...

Yeah, it'd amazing - isn't it?
We all know that tires are one of the most important things that make a difference.
Nearly everyone on says "tires" right off the bat. (Though not everyone changes them - even some who tune.)
My car is stock, but just a couple of days in and hitting some of the same turns and on ramps that I often drive the difference is tremendous.
The car just sticks.

Crackness1

Ready to race!
I finalllyyyyy took the plunge on REAL tires for the first time ever a month ago (AS3+), and I am just smitten...

Yeah, it'd amazing - isn't it?...My car is stock, but just a couple of days in and hitting some of the same turns and on ramps that I often drive the difference is tremendous.
The car just sticks.

This and this. Went from DWS06 (which are better than the stocks for grip) to PS4s that came with my wheels, and it's night and day.

Yesterday I gave her a wash, and today I took a pic!

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Traded in my '17 GTI Sport for an '18 GTI Autobahn on Wednesday. Ordered the Legit Speed license plate bracket since my US Millworks was causing parking sensor issues. Also ordered seat protectors for the kids car seats.

Damn. What'd they give you on the 17 sport and with how many miles?

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
After seeing numerous photos of rusty wheel hubs (technically, the brake rotor is more correct?) and reading a few "how-to" guides, I decided to paint mine! Honestly, if I hadn't seen the photos it would not have bothered me. But what was seen could not be unseen and I had to do something about it.

It was a hot weekend, so it felt like a lot of effort for what was a relatively easy job in the end. This was by far the most "DIY" I've done on my GTI.

Products used for painting:

- Steel wire brush
- Hammerite (smooth silver)
- 12mm paint brush

Products used for cleaning:

- CarChem luxury car shampoo
- Autoglym Magma iron decontamination
- Meguiars liquid cleaner wax
- Microfiber cloth

I used a 600mm breaker bar with a 17mm deep wall socket which made loosening the lug nuts a piece of cake.

Painting

Wheels

Before
Nice job, mate. Needing to do the same on mine

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Wash and a wax, car is very shiny right now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk