GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New to the forum...

MielsOnWheels

Hello folks,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I began my passion for cars in general and VW’s in particular at age 3. The gear head disease started with playing Matchbox cars with my friend. My folks had a baby blue ‘67 Beetle and his folks had 2 Beetles, a red ‘74 and a white ‘74. Fast forward to 2001 when I picked up my first VW, a ‘96 Jetta. From there we progress to 2002 when I picked up my first Audi, a ‘99 C5 A6 2.8. On to 2005 when I got traded the 2.8 in on an ‘04 C5 A6 4.2 (loved the wide fenders and V8!). In 2012, I landed my first Porsche, a ‘98 993 (last of the air-cooled 911’s).

In 2015, I sold the 4.2 and picked up a ‘15 C7 A6 3.0T. I sold the A6 in late 2016 and picked up a ‘16 Jetta GLI that my wife drove and my daughter learned to drive on. My daughter recently got her license so she took over the GLI and my wife needed a car to drive. Enter the R DSG about 2 weeks ago. She will drive the R for about 2 years, my son will learn to drive on it, and eventually he will take it over. At that point, wife gets back into an Audi, maybe a Certified RS5 Sportback?!

So there’s my German car history. IMHO opinion, nothing comes close to the feel and quality of the German marques. The R has been a fantastic car so far, I can see why this car is so beloved by enthusiasts. It’s fast, easily upgradeable, capable, practical, stealthy, and well built. It’s fun to span the spectrum of driving an analog, air-cooled 993 to the high-tech R. Both are rewarding and enjoyable driving experiences.

A couple of pics attached of present/past vehicles. I couldn't find a pic of the '96 Jetta and the '99 A6 unfortunately.

Look forward to getting to know the R and the forum!

Attachments

• unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 275
  • Porsche 993.jpeg
    Porsche 993.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 277
  • Audi A6 3.0T.jpg
    Audi A6 3.0T.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 269
  • VMSC Autocross 5-25-08 pic 3.jpg
    VMSC Autocross 5-25-08 pic 3.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 283
  • Jetta GLI.jpeg
    Jetta GLI.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 273

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Welcome! I’m sure you will love the car.