GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VIBRATION.. I'm driving myself to insanity.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I have the ECS flush kit and no issues here, more than 2 years with them on stock wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Thanks bud. I really appreciate the insight. Praying to god this is the final solution. So you say you have those 42DD spacers and theres practically zero play between hub/spacer and spacer/wheel?

Yeah I wasn't aware that something that seemed this minute could cause such a problem... I don't get how ECS can manufacture something like that and sell it for the prices they do?....

Glad I could help. I have these in 5 and 10mm, when they are on they are flat and sit flush to the hub. Hell, when I take the wheels off the space is usually so flush to the hub that I have to sit and get the spacer off using a flathead and some back and forth movement.

The smallest thing like this when on a rotational part can create the biggest headaches. You should see people losing their mind tracking down noises when it turns out to be something like an improperly torqued bolt that you can't visibly check.

Let us know how it all works out when done.

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
I have the ECS flush kit and no issues here, more than 2 years with them on stock wheels

That's the weird part. I ran the flush kit with zero issues for about 16,000 miles. Never noticed the vibration. But now with the 15mm from the kit and new 10mm I noticed it. I'm hoping it was a ring problem and that elminating those along with having more snug spacers will do the trick.

Glad I could help. I have these in 5 and 10mm, when they are on they are flat and sit flush to the hub. Hell, when I take the wheels off the space is usually so flush to the hub that I have to sit and get the spacer off using a flathead and some back and forth movement.

The smallest thing like this when on a rotational part can create the biggest headaches. You should see people losing their mind tracking down noises when it turns out to be something like an improperly torqued bolt that you can't visibly check.

Let us know how it all works out when done.

Great, I'm looking forward to their arrival. I'll definitely throw up a reply letting you guys know the outcome. And I believe it lol.

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
So my conversion spacers were delivered today, and I'll be installing them when I get home. One thing that crossed my mind as I was thinking about the issues discussed in this thread kind of made me wonder.

I realized that although having the stock wheels on with no spacers felt loads better, the main source of my vibration was when I was anywhere around 95-110 mph WOT when I LET OFF THE THROTTLE and was in the higher end of the RPMS... That was when the aggressive vibration would start. I have no doubt the new spacers will help , but I was wondering if this might point to something else in particular?

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
Might that behavior suggest something I myself am unaware of? I'm just curious if the "letting off the throttle" is tell tale of something in particular.

I was reading other forums and things like the "U-joints" and Drive Axles were being mentioned, which If I'm not mistaken MK7 GTI's are without (at least the drive axle lol)

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Man, I’m just amazed that you can get to those speeds without getting in trouble LOL [emoji23]

I hope that the new spacers help

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Man, I’m just amazed that you can get to those speeds without getting in trouble LOL [emoji23]

What are you talking about bro? We're all here because we spend our lives between 80mph and 140mph with our 400whp FWD cars.

BigJerm44

Ready to race!

Haha I literally only hit those speeds so I can really feel the car out and make sure everythings in order on a very long, dead, straight road near me. I don't drive like this light to light lol. Never a speeding ticket to this day, knock on wood. Thanks dude, I'll keep everyone posted.

What are you talking about bro? We're all here because we spend our lives between 80mph and 140mph with our 400whp FWD cars.
Bruh

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
We’re golden boys , Literally [emoji41]

Nice n smooth. I appreciate everyone’s input!

BigJerm44

Ready to race!
Alright , so after driving a couple hundred miles on my road trip last weekend, though a lot of the vibration isnow gone after the new spacers were installed, there’s still a slight pulsation through my gas pedal/floorboard at speeds around 70 with cruise control on and off. It’s extremely soft but I know it’s there.

It also becomes pretty bad at speeds of around let’s say 105-120. Thinking back to when I had put my stock wheels and tires on with no spacers, this almost violent vibration was still there around 115. What else could this be? I’ve also linked a video of me spinning the rear wheel as fast as possible to look for deviance. Is the rubbing noise normal? And is the slight deviance seen here normal as well?

I hate to bring this thread back to life only because I just want this problem to be solved. It’s really not even noticeable in normal driving as everything feels pretty smooth, but just knowing the oscillation is still there at higher speeds tells me something still isn’t right. Bearings? Tie rods? Bushings? Rotors? I don’t know where to look next.

https://streamable.com/zubdf