GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

TheBlondeFella

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I’ve seen that image with the 3 wheels but I’m still not sure which one would be the brightest tbh
I’m wondering if anyone has actually got these wheels in these colours or seen them personally?

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I’ve seen that image with the 3 wheels but I’m still not sure which one would be the brightest tbh
I’m wondering if anyone has actually got these wheels in these colours or seen them personally?

Hyper silver is brighter.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
What size and offset are you running? 18x8 +45? Did you have to get different bolts?

I'm running 17x8 +48. With a 245/40 tire that's 8.8" wide it looks very square. I don't rub at all, not at stock height, not when the fender gap was closed, and not even when the gap was closed with 2.2 camber up front and 1.8 in the rear. I bought mine from tire rack and they shipped me bolts and hub rings already in the wheels. They look to be the same ball type bolts, but a bit longer.

obnoxious2

Passed Driver's Ed
Complete noob question but I haven't really seen a guide everywhere. I know the stock center bore is 57.1mm. If the wheels I'm looking at only come in 66 or 76mm, will I need to get a center bore converter? Or as long as i get the 5x112 bolt pattern I'll be fine?

am215

Ready to race!
Complete noob question but I haven't really seen a guide everywhere. I know the stock center bore is 57.1mm. If the wheels I'm looking at only come in 66 or 76mm, will I need to get a center bore converter? Or as long as i get the 5x112 bolt pattern I'll be fine?

you'll need hub-centering rings, either plastic or aluminum. the wheel should not be supported by the wheel bolts/lugs, as it's meant to be supported by the hub and secured by the bolts/lugs.

i use plastic rings with my wheels, personally, but some prefer aluminum.

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
you'll need hub-centering rings, either plastic or aluminum. the wheel should not be supported by the wheel bolts/lugs, as it's meant to be supported by the hub and secured by the bolts/lugs.

i use plastic rings with my wheels, personally, but some prefer aluminum.

Yeah what he said...

Plastic will melt if you drive the car hard enough (not an issue for the street usually...) and aluminum or some other metal may fuse with the wheel or hub after oxidizing (not an issue if your rotate wheels frequently enough). I run aluminum ones on track, and they are near permanently bonded to the inside of the wheel. Never had them stuck to the hub, but I rotate like 20 times per 8 months.

Just letting you know the cons now, so you're not surprised later...

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
Mine melted, I go too hard at the track, plus as it contracted it cracked as well. SS or aluminum.

Hotwir3

It looks like all wheels that are classified as "lightweight" by OP (<19lbs for 18") are out of my budget. It looks like the 19-21lbs category on tirerack has a lot more options at much lower prices. Am I missing something?