GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cost Of Buying Wheels from Germany?

JSUN1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking at a set of wheels, the only place I can find them is in Germany. Has anyone purchased wheels from Germany and had shipped to the USA?
If so did you have to pay import/duty fees taxes?

Or was it just as easy and cheap as buying in the USA?
The wheels I'm wanting to buy are around $1260 for the set including shipping seller says shipment is DDU via UPS. DDU is delivered duty unpaid
I don't want to pay an unknown amount for added on fees/taxes that I can't determine in advance.
Has someone done this and what can I expect?

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
If it's anything like up here in Canada, UPS will charge a brokerage fee, duty and tax and ask for payment when they knock on your door. There may be no brokerage fee depending on what level of UPS service the seller uses.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I bought a set of BBS RS years ago from a private seller in Germany. I paid through Paypal and don't recall paying anything more than the price we agreed on.

JSUN1

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm looking at a set of wheels, the only place I can find them is in Germany. Has anyone purchased wheels from Germany and had shipped to the USA?
If so did you have to pay import/duty fees taxes?

Or was it just as easy and cheap as buying in the USA?
The wheels I'm wanting to buy are around $1260 for the set including shipping seller says shipment is DDU via UPS. DDU is delivered duty unpaid
I don't want to pay an unknown amount for added on fees/taxes that I can't determine in advance.
Has someone done this and what can I expect?
I should also add this is Tunershop.com, a retailer. Has anyone purchased from them? What was you experience with them?

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
That is a US website. Are the wheels you want only available from choosing the German site?

JSUN1

Passed Driver's Ed
That is a US website. Are the wheels you want only available from choosing the German site?
Yes they have a USA web site but everything comes from Germany. Doesn't matter which site I choose the wheels come form same place...Germany and my concern is having to pay duty/tax or whatever you want to call it.
Now I've bought plenty of car parts and other stuff from all over the world and never had to pay duty/tax. The most recent was parts from e-acca.com (over $300 worth) and didn't have any duty/tax. Maybe I'm over thinking this.

I just don't want to be handed a bill from delivery person saying I owe $$$
I was hoping someone on this forum has had wheels come from a Shop in Germany not a private seller and share their experience (maybe from this same seller too Tunershop)