GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are your experiences with knockoff dynamic taillights?

bilaba70

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying AliExpress dynamic taillights. I've seen one that is plug and play for stock LED taillights (not halogen).

What are your experiences? Is it really as bad as some people claim? Will it mess up my car?

IWMTom

Autocross Newbie
Hi all,

I'm thinking of buying AliExpress dynamic taillights. I've seen one that is plug and play for stock LED taillights (not halogen).

What are your experiences? Is it really as bad as some people claim? Will it mess up my car?

You can get the OEM ones for a reasonable price as it is, and they have a warranty.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I helped a couple guys here in the US with the install of lights they bought on AliExpress. Please be aware that there are different brands available. Some might be great, others definitely are junk. I'm talking about internal wiring issues, not all leds light up, light comes apart, ... and you get absolutely no support from the sellers.

Is it worth it? You're in NL, correct?. On ebay.de you can get the VW retrofit kit for 399EUR. All you need is an adapter harness and coding.

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
I have the BEC MK7.5 Golf R led tails and they are awesome. They look exactly like OEM and function perfectly (after coding). His customer service is excellent as well. No complaints here.

That being said, I believe he holds his standards a bit higher and the quality of his aftermarket lighting offerings are higher than most of what you'll find on AliExpress. However, I do have the Ali folding mirrors and progressive led mirror signals and they're awesome.

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3

bilaba70

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay, follow up on my post.

I bought the Ali express dyna taillight and blinkers three weeks ago. So far so good. No issues.

I'll post some pics later

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion