GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS pedal tuner for MK7

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Would like to know if anyone mapped this with the VCDS tweak.

I did the direct acceleration throttle tweak awhile back and put in the BMS pedal tuner yesterday.

The vcds change was a small difference, but using race mode as the first test resulted in an "accidental" rolling burnout. The stage one setting is my current favorite and has zero dead space without being too excitable. There is a definitely a novelty factor, but it works as advertised while being $100 less than the Sprinter Booster previously mentioned

You can do the same thing through obd11 or vcds for free

Not the same at all

Last edited:

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
I did the direct acceleration throttle tweak awhile back and put in the BMS pedal tuner yesterday.

The vcds change was a small difference, but using race mode as the first test resulted in an "accidental" rolling burnout. The stage one setting is my current favorite and has zero dead space without being too excitable. There is a definitely a novelty factor, but it works as advertised while being $100 less than the Sprinter Booster previously mentioned

Not the same at all

Very glad to hear that. I will be receiving one as a gift in a few weeks.

liam8216

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm running mine on the maximum setting and the throttle is much more responsive. After a short while you'll be used to it and to remind yourself how much it improves response is easy by simply turning it off temporarily.
I'll be selfish and ask you to post your impressions once you drive with the tuner. I'm slowly getting ready to pull the trigger.
This is so simple. I didn't like the inside of driver's side cubby. I mounted mine to the right of steering wheel with the supplied Velcro. Now I can really adjust on the fly this way. I tucked wire just to the right of Pedal under middle console and then under steering wheel and then through under steering opening. See pics. This is something I should have done when first getting this car. The very highest setting is touchy but very easy to get used to. Do it is all I have to say.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Thanks. I just got it today. Do you have a write up on do you have to take Pedal out like it shows on the BMW and where to run wire for remote?

The gas pedal can stay in place. Once you're down in the footwell the connector is visible right above and behind the gas pedal. Pop up the red tab and hookup the new toy!

L26_BRO

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm feeling very lazy and didn't exactly read through all the thread but I have a pedal tuner installed and cranked all the way to the max. Ran it with a JB1 for a while and it was a good combination. Run it on stock tuning now and it makes for a much better driving experience.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
This is so simple. I didn't like the inside of driver's side cubby. I mounted mine to the right of steering wheel with the supplied Velcro. Now I can really adjust on the fly this way. I tucked wire just to the right of Pedal under middle console and then under steering wheel and then through under steering opening. See pics. This is something I should have done when first getting this car. The very highest setting is touchy but very easy to get used to. Do it is all I have to say.

Thanks. Looks good.

bheggelke

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm feeling very lazy and didn't exactly read through all the thread but I have a pedal tuner installed and cranked all the way to the max. Ran it with a JB1 for a while and it was a good combination. Run it on stock tuning now and it makes for a much better driving experience.
Same. Turned all the way up. Even thinking about removing the JB4!! I like the extra power but my 6MT MK7.5R is still fun at OEM power with a pedal tuner.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Ran it with a JB1 for a while and it was a good combination. Run it on stock tuning now and it makes for a much better driving experience.

Mind elaborating on this? I also have a JB1 and was thinking of pairing it with the pedal box.

eXult

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 GTI SE 6MT
I figured I'd chime in since I installed mine 2 days ago. I have to say it absolutely transformed the car for me (6MT here).

Everything is stock so far, but it truly changed my experience with the car and the manual transmission specifically. I had been thinking about buying a short shifter, bushings, etc., to improve the 6MT (as we all know leaves a lot to be desired), but with the pedal tuner I am debating whether I truly need it. To elaborate more, this is my 1st manual car so I have been trying to get better at quickly shifting gears to get the car up to speed. Unfortunately I always struggled to quickly shift and not feeling like I was sloppy with the shift. The pedal tuner allows me to entirely eliminate that and get the car going fast between shifts. That's the best way I can describe it. It does feel like the oem pedal is a huge factor on the issues I was having.

I've only tested it in the 1st and 2nd setting, but it's absolutely great. Like it was said above me, I almost feel like I don't need to tune the car because it just feels faster with it.

Not to ramble on, but I feel like I need to say this (I will try to explain it to the best of my ability)... It feels like it removes the lugging of the engine feel at low rpms and during shifts. It also feels like I can more consistently keep Rpms steady when in 1st and 2nd gear, removing a lot of the bucking due to the high torque.

No noticeable difference in MPGs yet, but I can report back. Installation is 5 minutes or less honestly.

Burner1

Ready to race!
I figured I'd chime in since I installed mine 2 days ago. I have to say it absolutely transformed the car for me (6MT here).

Everything is stock so far, but it truly changed my experience with the car and the manual transmission specifically. I had been thinking about buying a short shifter, bushings, etc., to improve the 6MT (as we all know leaves a lot to be desired), but with the pedal tuner I am debating whether I truly need it. To elaborate more, this is my 1st manual car so I have been trying to get better at quickly shifting gears to get the car up to speed. Unfortunately I always struggled to quickly shift and not feeling like I was sloppy with the shift. The pedal tuner allows me to entirely eliminate that and get the car going fast between shifts. That's the best way I can describe it. It does feel like the oem pedal is a huge factor on the issues I was having.

I've only tested it in the 1st and 2nd setting, but it's absolutely great. Like it was said above me, I almost feel like I don't need to tune the car because it just feels faster with it.

Not to ramble on, but I feel like I need to say this (I will try to explain it to the best of my ability)... It feels like it removes the lugging of the engine feel at low rpms and during shifts. It also feels like I can more consistently keep Rpms steady when in 1st and 2nd gear, removing a lot of the bucking due to the high torque.

No noticeable difference in MPGs yet, but I can report back. Installation is 5 minutes or less honestly.

Mine is arriving today. Can’t wait to try it.

Mike Jesse

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed mine last Sat. on my 17 4MO that already has an APR Stage i tune.

I played with the settings and have landed with the middle setting turned all the way up.

As mentioned the dead spot just above an idle is completely gone.

Turned all the way up and using launch control it will spin the front tires now.

We will see shortly how it impacts my 1/4 mile times.

No more lazy FBW peddle action.

Burner1

Ready to race!
I installed mine last Sat. on my 17 4MO that already has an APR Stage i tune.

I played with the settings and have landed with the middle setting turned all the way up.

As mentioned the dead spot just above an idle is completely gone.

Turned all the way up and using launch control it will spin the front tires now.

We will see shortly how it impacts my 1/4 mile times.

No more lazy FBW peddle action.

Just installed mine and have on most aggressive setting, can’t even pull into traffic without making a scene. . Gonna need to dial back a bit. I’ll try middle tonight.

Scala

Ready to race!
1. With DSG is the engagement of the kick-down the same as before, immediate and without hesitation?

2. Are there competitive products that work better/worse?