GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ tires?

The Tax Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
This. I just don't get all the road noise complaints. Mine have been perfectly quiet through the first 4k miles. Unquestionably the best all season tire I've owned. The one thing about these tires that still blows my mind is the level of wet grip.

How're they in the snow? Just recently moved to the DC area, but lived in Chicago my whole life. So I can appreciate the feedback from someone else who had the pleasure of Chicago winters :rolleyes:

IceBerg4k1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI
How're they in the snow? Just recently moved to the DC area, but lived in Chicago my whole life. So I can appreciate the feedback from someone else who had the pleasure of Chicago winters :rolleyes:

I would say good enough. They don't come close to the snow performance of a dedicated set of winter tires but then again, I wouldn't expect them to. They got me where I needed to go every time, regardless of the amount of snow or slush on Chicago winter roads. I had confidence in their capabilities. I never found myself in a precarious situation or felt unsafe. I drive faster than most in the snow(because I have common sense and am not a complete moron behind the wheel) and changing lanes or braking were completely satisfactory. Snow acceleration is another story but that is problem between my right foot and I :D

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Had some more DD time behind the wheel today. Commuting in dry summer weather. Very happy with these tires. I could easily spin the tires in first/second on dry roads, with the Hankooks. I had a hard time getting these to break traction. Didn’t push it too hard, but beyond where the Hankooks would have spun / hopped.

Really appreciating the reduction in noise. And the increase in comfort is surprising. I have DCC and normal mode almost feels like comfort mode did with the Hankooks.

Interested to see how the do in the rain.

My only regret is waiting so long to pick these up!

The Tax Guy

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 GTI
Just ordered a set last night using the ebay deal. I thought about going with the Pirelli a/s as they were ranked highly as well by Tirerack, not to mention the extra $70 rebate. However, I think $584 shipped before the $100 rebate on these couldn't be beat.

Decided to go with 225 based on what is saw on Nype's car. Currently on the stock Dallas, but thinking about getting a set of 8.5" rims. Hoping these won't be too stretched on them.

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015
Got them @ Costco last month to go with my 2nd hand Nogaro rims I finally got mounted.
As Costco was having a sale for Michelin with the instant $130 of; couldn't turn down the #1 rated tirerack UHP All Season for $633 OTD.

So far after 800 miles - I would have to say there is a little drone/hum @ certain highway noise but otherwise, dry & wet grip seem solid. Can't wait for them to settle a bit more & see if the grip will increase.

I actually was ok with the Pirelli Cinturato P7 as a daily driver -that came with the car from factory - but once they hit 35K they started getting squirelly & even with my 38 PSI , couldn't prevent 3 punctures in 1 week.

Norsk982

Ready to race!
Will I be able to put 235/40/18 on my Stock Austin Wheels? I am running DWS06 225/40, and it's got 40k miles on the tires now. I do get little vibration from the front when I'm accelerating at 80MPH and up, is that normal?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Could be normal. Depends on a lot of things, like condition of tires, condition of wheels etc.

Can certainly do 235 on 7.5” wide Austins but why would you? The MPS fit wider than my stock Hankooks did. The 225 MPS I bought actually have a decent amount of “curb protection” whereas the stock Hankooks did not.

Ezyrider

Ready to race!
Will I be able to put 235/40/18 on my Stock Austin Wheels? I am running DWS06 225/40, and it's got 40k miles on the tires now. I do get little vibration from the front when I'm accelerating at 80MPH and up, is that normal?

I would much like 235 40-18s on stock Austin wheels, or any wider tire on stock wheels ,if possible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Ezyrider

Ready to race!
Could be normal. Depends on a lot of things, like condition of tires, condition of wheels etc.

Can certainly do 235 on 7.5” wide Austins but why would you? The MPS fit wider than my stock Hankooks did. The 225 MPS I bought actually have a decent amount of “curb protection” whereas the stock Hankooks did not.

Very interesting , then MPS it is

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I will agree.
The 225 MPS looks beefier than the 225 Bridgestone that came on the car.
If you really want a picture, I will go out and take one...

IceBerg4k1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I went with 235 width. I love the look. I have 15mm front and 20mm rear spacers and these tires now poke out beyond the top of the fenders just a hair. I should swap the spacers out to 10mm F and 15mm R but its not at the top of my priority list and it doesn't bother me really.

Beamer2Clean

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I’m not sure if it is safe to do, but the Bridgestone potenzas on my car don’t have so much life left in them, after a summer of “spirited driving” and couple drag strip days. No burnouts. But the rear ones are perfect only 6800 miles. Could I swap out just the front for Michelin? Same size.