GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Updates

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Hey guys, I purchased credits so I can make the jump to Maestro, but I have a few questions before I begin:

1) I see the following notice pop up when I check the server for a Maestro file:

So, I'm supposed to flash "8V0906259K_Maestro0400_Loader_Boss500_4Bar_MPI_LC_NLS_AdjE85.edf" first since it's the loader file, then I can flash "8V0906259K_Maestro0400_Stg1.5.mstro" on top of that and be good to go?

2) Is LC or NLS available in the Stg1.5 file?

3) My downpipe is currently at Swaintech for coating and won't be on the car for another 3-4 weeks. Is it worth it to run the Stg1.5 Maestro file over the OTS 1.5 adjustable file in the meantime?

No, you have the wrong loader file, that uses a different boost control system. THere should be a stage 2 loader file. If not, you are up a creek until he adds it for your car.

petempop

Passed Driver's Ed
I have given up on using Loader file stage 2 and TCU Stage 3, here are some of the issues I ran into:

1. Flashed loader file, car would not start. Had to flash back to stock then flashed again to address this.
2. For some reason and quite odd to me, is if ESC is off, the RPM will jump up and down a bit like it is not able to maintain a fix RPM. This is not the issue when ESC is ON, it happens every time ESC is off. Also I ran into an issue where DSG does not engage, i.e. is in D or S but will not move even when pressing accelerator.

To fix #2, I had to flash back to stock (both TCU and ECU) and then flash to Adjustable stage 2 ECU/TCU and problem went away. There seem to be some bug maybe only on my case for whatever reason but I will wait for others to try it out and report back.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
I have given up on using Loader file stage 2 and TCU Stage 3, here are some of the issues I ran into:

1. Flashed loader file, car would not start. Had to flash back to stock then flashed again to address this.
2. For some reason and quite odd to me, is if ESC is off, the RPM will jump up and down a bit like it is not able to maintain a fix RPM. This is not the issue when ESC is ON, it happens every time ESC is off. Also I ran into an issue where DSG does not engage, i.e. is in D or S but will not move even when pressing accelerator.

To fix #2, I had to flash back to stock (both TCU and ECU) and then flash to Adjustable stage 2 ECU/TCU and problem went away. There seem to be some bug maybe only on my case for whatever reason but I will wait for others to try it out and report back.

I did not use any loader files for Maestro Stage 2 adjustable. I did the following:

1. Flashed Stage 2 adjustable file from the main file options.
2. Flashed Stage 2 Maestro Base file found in the Maestro files section.
3. Flashed custom file after letting the ECU adapt to Base stage 2 and logging. This also allowed me to verify if settings were adjusted & Maestro base file was working appropriately.

BT loader files are for people running a custom MAP for a big turbo and will immediately flash their custom file.

civicdrivr

Ready to race!
No, you have the wrong loader file, that uses a different boost control system. THere should be a stage 2 loader file. If not, you are up a creek until he adds it for your car.

Shit...this is what I was afraid of...

petempop

Passed Driver's Ed
Here are the full instruction from ED on loader file:

License the ecu for use with Maestro, then flash one of the LC/NLS “loader” files. Then you can use the Maestro files for your tuning.

The 2 step/LC/NLS files are available now for all the North American Golf R/S3/GTI/A3 Maestro box codes.

After you update your flash software and Maestro, you need to do a full flash with one of the “Loader” files to enable the features.

On the DSG cars, the DSG launch limits will override the launch limits set in the ecu, so you need a stage 3 DSG file that removes the DSG launch control before that will work.

Here are the instructions:

Launch control:

Operation

Launch control RPM is controlled via torque control, (as with DSG controlled), fuel cut, or spark cut configured using launch_control_config in Maestro.

When using torque control, the stationary RPM limit is used to control launch RPM. This method will be smooth, just like stock, but will close the throttle.

When using fuel cut, the control will be rough, with the engine rev's oscillating, but will keep the throttle fully open. Fuel cut is handled using the standard ECU strategy, the control just indicates to the fuel cut function that all cylinders need to be cut. Spark cut will cut spark but not injectors.

Activate on MT:
- ESP fully disabled.
- Clutch depressed.
- Parking brake is not engaged.

Once the clutch pedal is released or vehicle speed is greater than Max vehicle speed for launch control launch RPM control will no longer be active.

Activate on DSG:
- ESP fully disabled.
- Brake pedal depressed.
- Selector lever in D/S/Tip.
- Parking brake is not engaged.

The conditions for launch on DSG apply, so car should be in sport and brake pedal sufficiently depressed, etc.

Once the brake is released or vehicle speed is greater than Max vehicle speed for launch control, launch RPM control will no longer be active.

Adjustment
Adjustment can be made with the accelerator pedal and brake pedal.

When using the pedals to adjust:

Activate on MT:
- Engine running.
- Parking brake engaged.
- Transmission in neutral.
- Clutch pedal not depressed.

Activate on DSG:
- Engine running.
- Parking brake engaged.
- Selector lever in P.

Pedal adjustment operation:
- Use the accelerator pedal to rev to the desired RPM.
- When desired RPM is reached, tap the brake.
- The MIL will flash twice indicating that the adjustment has been stored.
- Release the accelerator pedal.

Make sure the stationary rev limit set high enough in Maestro to not limit RPM adjustment during pedal based adjustment.

NLS:
NLS will use fuel cut or spark cut depending on config in Maestro to control engine RPM during shifts. When activated the system will take the current engine RPM, subtract NLS RPM offset, and control to this RPM until deactivated.

Fuel cut is handled using the standard ECU strategy, the control just indicates to the fuel cut function that all cylinders need to be cut.

Activated on MT:
- Accelerator pedal is greater than Minimum accel pedal for NLS.
- Vehicle speed is greater than Minimum vehicle speed for NLS.
- Clutch depressed.

Once the clutch is released, NLS control will stop.

MadMen

Ready to race!

Did you load the stage 2 base tune after loading the loader file? I never tried running just the loader file. I flashed to stock first, then the loader file, then the base stage 2 tune. Drives perfectly smooth with the stage 3 DSG tune.

I'm also an S3.

petempop

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you load the stage 2 base tune after loading the loader file? I never tried running just the loader file. I flashed to stock first, then the loader file, then the base stage 2 tune. Drives perfectly smooth with the stage 3 DSG tune.

I'm also an S3.

I started with stock file, then flashed stage 2 loader file, then Stage 3 TCU, then my custom file.

civicdrivr

Ready to race!
Update on my issue - I emailed Chris about the missing loader file and he told me to flash back to stock, then check the server files again. He said it's a known issue with the program and they are working on a fix.

Lo and behold, that worked. I'm currently running the LC/NLS stg1.5 Maestro file.

MadMen

Ready to race!
Anyone else trying to load a Maestro file today and getting an error that the ECU must first be licensed for Maestro and flashed from server?

EDIT - ED responded that they're working on a fix now.

Last edited:

mw1978

Ready to race!
I updated ED firmware and as usually I checked my server. As usually maestro and adjustable file is not available but I found stage 2 dsg file.
Does anyone know what the difference is between stage 1 or 2?

MadMen

Ready to race!
Stage 1 shifts at 6600. Stage 2 shifts at 6800. Stage 2 Sport mode is much more aggressive, but D modes are the same.

The higher shift points are meant for Big Turbo cars I suppose.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
Stage 1 shifts at 6600. Stage 2 shifts at 6800. Stage 2 Sport mode is much more aggressive, but D modes are the same.

The higher shift points are meant for Big Turbo cars I suppose.
D are the same? Did he update it again? I tried stage 2 a few months ago and it was nothing like stage 1 D. It was more Agressive.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MadMen

Ready to race!
D are the same? Did he update it again? I tried stage 2 a few months ago and it was nothing like stage 1 D. It was more Agressive.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Shift points feel identical - except maybe 5-6 is at 49 mph instead of 48. It may have been slightly more aggressive with downshift rpm, but not enough for me to say it was noticeably different.

I wish stage 2 had the 6600 rpm shift, as I much prefer the stage 2 sport setting (better suited for AutoX).

Keep in mind I'm an S3, so it may be different on the GTI.

Amracer1

Ready to race!
Hey guys anyone running new stage 3 trans tune with boost on launch? im thinking of loading it but would like to hear some feedback first