GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dkm stage 3 clutch

nonegiven

Go Kart Newbie
Thank you and everyone else who has given us the opportunity once again for working with us! We are doing what we can to make it right! We greatly appreciate your patience and willingness to cooperate with us.

Larger boxes for increased bearing protection are ordered.

Extensive R&D is going into finding a higher quality OE bearing. We are making sure we put a lot of thought into finding the proper OE bearing as VW has made a number of revisions overs the years.
Will you be refunding 100% of the labor charges for everyone who's had multiple issues with your parts failing, arriving damaged, etc?

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
stage 2 kit

2nd time this month I got a loud grind+squeak going from 1st to 2nd, just a normal shift at 10-11 MPH. I don't know if I just wasn't paying attention and shifted early before I fully pushed the clutch in or it didn't disengage properly...

Never happened to me in the past 2 years with the stock clutch... I'm using the same pedal stop and if anything, the engage/disengagement point in the new clutch is higher than stock.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
The new kit just came in, they overnight shipped it to me and it looks good, the Tb is oem 0A5*141*671*M, it has been a long process but they came through for me and I appreciate it, they sent a cool little extra I can put up in my garage (my daughter wants it up on her wall in her in her bedroom) not gonna happen. But thanks to Chris and especially Clifton for there help and going above and beyond to get this resolved. It took a bit to get here but we are here and I know there is a process to go through, troubleshooting and stuff and I know I'm not there only customer so thanks.

P.s I'm open for sponsorship and can be a Guinea pig for new products on this platform [emoji39]

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Nice!

Let her put it on her wall, lol.
I would, I dont care but the wife isn't down for it

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Dang you guys get all the cool stuff! Glad they got you straightened out

As others have said things happen, and bad news travels a million times faster than good news.

railroader

Autocross Newbie

Dang you guys get all the cool stuff! Glad they got you straightened out

As others have said things happen, and bad news travels a million times faster than good news.
Jake you can get all this stuff, all you have to do is get a bad kit and go through all this lol, naw but this kit that came in tonight looks good and should be good to go.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
looking at picking up this clutch used from a friend. says he had an issue with the disk hub bending and not releasing all they way. it was sent back to DKM and has new disks. what should I look out for?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
looking at picking up this clutch used from a friend. says he had an issue with the disk hub bending and not releasing all they way. it was sent back to DKM and has new disks. what should I look out for?
Just visually check inspect the stuff, you gonna surface the old flywheel. How does. The pp look, bad thin be is the inner friction surfaces, you can't see how they look, if they are glazed or anything, you can clean up the outer friction surface

dub_guy

Ready to race!
Respectfully, I had communications with you in May (including a phone conversation). You missed every stated timeline that you would get information back to me, and I had to persistently email you to even get a response. I eventually just gave up trying as it was clear that you didn't care to respond.

As for QC, there is multiple reports of something as simple as the wrong flywheel bolts being shipped with kits. I assume that you don't make your own bolts, so this is a process of taking bolts from the box from your supplier, and putting them into the shipping box. The fact that you can't do that properly does not say "very controlled QC process"

I wanted your clutch, but after four months of not shipping one to my Canadian vendor and the other issues reported in this thread, I've given up and cancelled my order. I've sent this to you before in email - it pisses me off to no end that you give/sell clutches to people for YouTube, but can't fill orders that have been waiting for months.

Hello Dub_guy,

I requested your information via PM, I was under the impression that your issue was resolved and sent a response to you a while back.

Please respond to my PM so I can make sure to figure out how the miscommunication happened. I can assure you that we wouldn't intentionally ignore a message which is why we are publicly reaching out to get issues rectified.

OK - I've wanted to follow up on this, and didn't want to do it until I actually had clutch in hand (and I was away on vacation for a week, so the clutch had been at my vendor for two weeks).

Unlike the US (where companies order direct to DKM), in Canada vendors have to go through a local distributor. I had placed my order with my vendor April 4 and they had placed an order with the distributor the next day. At the end of May, I did have a discussion with Clifton about the order but that fizzled apparently due to a lost email.

About a week before the above quoted posts, I'd cancelled my order due to just being fed up with waiting and was discussing with my vendor other clutches. When I posted the above, Clifton reached out to me and we discussed. Apparently DKM/Canadian distributor had "account issues" and my order may have gone to neverland. Clifton and my vendor then got together and 2 days later the vendor had the clutch in hand.

It's been a long haul, but I now have clutch in hand will be getting it installed soon. Just need to take it out of the box and inspect to ensure that everything is good. As well, I'm going to pick up an OEM TOB as the kit came with a FTE

dlau9

Go Kart Champion
OK - I've wanted to follow up on this, and didn't want to do it until I actually had clutch in hand (and I was away on vacation for a week, so the clutch had been at my vendor for two weeks).

Unlike the US (where companies order direct to DKM), in Canada vendors have to go through a local distributor. I had placed my order with my vendor April 4 and they had placed an order with the distributor the next day. At the end of May, I did have a discussion with Clifton about the order but that fizzled apparently due to a lost email.

About a week before the above quoted posts, I'd cancelled my order due to just being fed up with waiting and was discussing with my vendor other clutches. When I posted the above, Clifton reached out to me and we discussed. Apparently DKM/Canadian distributor had "account issues" and my order may have gone to neverland. Clifton and my vendor then got together and 2 days later the vendor had the clutch in hand.

It's been a long haul, but I now have clutch in hand will be getting it installed soon. Just need to take it out of the box and inspect to ensure that everything is good. As well, I'm going to pick up an OEM TOB as the kit came with a FTE
How much did the kit run you all in CAD$$?