GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

With Konis, DG springs, should I include 034 neg camber mounts?

HicBuda

Ready to race!
I have the Koni sports and DG springs sittin here staring at me. I am wondering if it is worth it to throw in the 034 neg camber mounts when i install everything. It is a keeper. I do daily drive the crap out it, have only autox'ed it so far but always with goal of every now and then taking it out to the Sandia Roadcourse and properly whipping the sh!t out of it. My reference suspension of goal is my old 05 330i ZHP. I know they are very different but hope you get my meaning. Thanks in advance!

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
Do it while you have it down.

I'd get some better LCA bushings too, while you're in there.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
adding neg camber up front helps front grip a lot.

only downside I can think of is inside tire wear, which might matter if you do lots of straight line driving.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I do travel about 7500 straight New Mexico highway miles a year.

I pulled the trigger on the 034 mounts recently, and I'm happy I did. There will be trade offs/compromises in the form of tire wear for highway miles, but 5k mile rotations should minimize that. I drive 12-15k per year in my car, and I'm hoping I can get 25k+ miles/2 years out of my Continental ECS tires with diligent rotations.

Other than a slight increase in harshness and less isolation with the 034 mounts, I think they are a great option to add some negative camber up front without the cost/issues associated with standard adjustable camber plates.