GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Nav update

Chriz1

Passed Driver's Ed
I’m trying to update my satnav discover pro, I have downloaded the latest update to as card inserted to slot 2 selected software update in nav settings and update...
It’s says “searching for software updates” it’s been like this now for about 30mins is it normal to take so long ? Ignition is not on just infotainment on.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The card should be in slot 1 but that wouldn't explain that long a wait. I would make sure you're using a proper card and followed the instructions exactly.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Doesn't matter it will work in either slot, mine has been swapped over numerous times without any problems. BUT I always unzip it to the card from the laptop and then insert it. The media system just reads the files from the card.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Where are you getting the nav updates?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Chriz1

Passed Driver's Ed
I let the VW DIscover care I think it’s called download and put it on memory card the. I put it in the glove box is that correct ?

Last edited:

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
OP is in the Europe, they get updates differently than NAR. We in NAR have to pay for updates on SD cards from dealers. However, I don't believe there are any updates available for NAR (which is kind of ridiculous after 3 years).

TheDoc46

Ready to race!
I have an autobahn and have maybe used my sat nav once in 5k. Waze is so much better and warns me of cops or objects on road ahead.