GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI build help

• Thread starter Deleted member 137012
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 137012

Hey guys this is my TSI build. I’m lowering it tomorrow. Done 0 performance mods. Open to any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 137012

I definitely agree on the exhaust tips but they could be worse.

I’m going to I haven’t had time to shorten it. Trying this weekend

Sparky589

Drag Racing Champion
Performance Mods: Roc-Euro MQB drivetrain stabilizer paired with a quality dogbone insert (I personally recommend black forest industries). The arm effectively cancels out all nvh caused by the dogbone, and the both working together will do wonders for fixing up slop in the drivetrain.

APR Plus or Jb4 are warranty friendly mods to significantly boost output from the engine, either of which will bring you right in line with stock GTI performance numbers.

A quality rear swaybar (can't really go wrong with any of them) will really liven up performance as well. Would recommend getting some more performance oriented rubber on the wheels when the time comes.

Cosmetic: If the car isn't equipped with the lighting package I would recommend Ed's replica kit. The led DRL's really do improve the look of the car, and if you pair it with a good HID kit (don't forget to align the light output) you'll get a much better view of the road at night.

That's the only real cosmetic mod that I would say is "worth it" as the rest are really just up to subjective taste. One thing us TSI owners can do is mount the clubsport spoiler, so if you really want to go nuts there's always that.

stillwellm10

Ready to race!
Cosmetic: Either OEM LP with modules and ballast or go with Ed's replicas if you don't already have the LP from the factory. The OEM Euro LED tail lights really transforms the back along with the LED license plate lights. I did the tail lights on my TSI with the help of some forum members and I love the car that much more.

Performance Oriented: Upgrading the rear sway bar with the GTI one or Neuspeed/034 Motorsports respectively can help stiffen the chassis a little more. I plan on doing this sometime this summer. Other than that upgrading the turbo to the IS20 and pair it with a tune. Some engine mounts from 034 Motorsports or BFI will help clean up some of the transmission slop and make for a more connected drive.

Hopefully this helps some!

Sent from my S8+ using Tapatalk

Litespeedgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
Great looking TSI !

Appearance is already tops with the cool quad tips/valance when you can get around to shortening.

Maybe the mild tune and sway bar.

You are ready to roll.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I put the rear sway from my performance package GTI onto my wife's TSI, coupled with Goodyear Eagle Sport A/S tires. Changed the whole drive of the car. Much much better. Stuck with her '17 stock wheels. Like your 17's BTW.

Do you happen to know the part number of those VW 17s? Thanks.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
As RTB mentioned, a rear sway from a GTI can tighten it up a bit. Pretty easy install if you're mechanically inclined. Definitely a few for sale in the suspension section, and typically cheap as they're pull offs for those who have switched out.

D

Deleted member 137012

As RTB mentioned, a rear sway from a GTI can tighten it up a bit. Pretty easy install if you're mechanically inclined. Definitely a few for sale in the suspension section, and typically cheap as they're pull offs for those who have switched out.

Going to try to grab one next weekend