GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why I got rid of my GTI

Oscar LaVista

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE 6MT
Because a Mustang is noisy? I don’t get it. But you’re welcome for the click I gave you.

shortyb

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Felon Taxi,Dad Wagon
Ya know, if you were handy with a hacksaw, you could have probably made your GTI sound all shitty like that 'Stang :D.

SRTie4k

Ready to race!
I'm not going to watch a video explanation, but good luck with whatever you replace it with.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I went Stang to GTI. Good timing I had just the other day given an update on my GTI to the old forum:

https://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/f268/t399322-2/#post4261730415

enjoy the new ride there are things I really liked about my Stang but for me after 2 years the GTI is a better car.

TLDR the other post:

Stang has looks and hwy cruising

GTI has practicality and fun to drive

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Not sure about the negative comments OP, nice car.
Mk7 scene has clear abandonment issues. "YOU LEFT US!!!!"

To be fair though, he probably could have titled this video "My GTI videos outdo my Mustang video clicks 6 to 1."

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Shameless whore.

Social media has ruined our culture.

Golfer883

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
19 GTI rabbit
also that mustang is atleast $20-25,000 more than GTI so have to keep that in mind, also not good in any winter conditions vs GTI. Bullitt might keep better resell value though since I bet its limited.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
Lot harder to get clicks on a modding channel for a Mustang when that car culture generally spends many more bucks per vehicle to mod and so is much more difficult to impress. Posting videos about how to get your GTI to 400hp will get you lots of attention. Getting a Mustang to 500? Not so much. Vw fans are more tech savvy than Mustang owners, so YouTube vw stuff is more prevalent.

Tech things like reviews of obdeleven tweaks that we love just wouldn't materialize into clicks in the mustang scene.

It's funny, but the best thing he could do for clicks would be to start crazy trolling wars with the mk7 community and the Mustang community. Gotta turn the trolling up, though. Really come on here and shit talk fwd. Respond to every veedubber in your comments on your videos in a holier than thou manner. Post the reactionsin "Can you believe what these Volkswagen twits are saying" in Mustang forums. Rinse, repeat, before you know it, Mountune will be offering you free shit to review, just like some vw vendors did.

Negativity gets clicks. Post a "Man, fuck these guys" video. It'll blow up.

Edit: or reach out to these guys. They're influncer marketing geniuses, I mean, just look at this flower hat.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Last edited: