GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC Tune for Golf R - No TD1?

aar1217

Passed Driver's Ed
Per GIAC, their mobile flash loader doesn't set off the TD1 flag as it doesnt change the flash counter. i've tried googling this by the vwvortex forums do not load properly on my browser for some reason. Anyone using the GIAC?

Juggar

Ready to race!
I seriously doubt they got around TD1, if that were true then everyone would only use them.

DAS_STIG

Banned
The only one I heard doesn't trigger TD1 is the JB4 since it alters the signal, not the ECU.

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
I seriously doubt they got around TD1, if that were true then everyone would only use them.

One thousand doses of this.

Tuning box that intercepts and alters the data, rather than flashes the ECU, is the only option to maintain the full factory warranty.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Just like all the other major tuners when it comes to TD1. But I will tell you I ran their stage 2 tune for 2 years on my 2015 R and it was flawless. Best tuner for the 91 octane we get stuck with on the west coast IMO.

aar1217

Passed Driver's Ed
To be clear - I am not saying I believe GIAC with their claim of "no TD1." Hell, i was skeptical as hell!

I'm in the Phoenix area and stuck with the damn 91 octane too...so your info is appreciated.

I'm still nervous to flash the car as the selling point to my wife was "look a 6/72 warranty is only available for this year so we need to buy now!"

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
If you sold her on the car based on the warranty then it's tuning box or risk divorce, then.

Or, glass half full= after divorce then you can spend as much of your share of your remaining half of your money as you want on the car.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Last edited: