GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs Veloster Turbo

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Came across some kids driving erratically and knew I could get a race from them lol. 3 people in the Veloster and I made the comment at the light they had the weight disadvantage and they started saying how the GTI is a POS blah blah. Light turns green, I lit up my tires a bit too much (on a hill) but by 60 I was probably 5 cars ahead and 80, 10 cars. Good times. They wouldn't look at me and did a ricer fly by lol.

I did make sure it was safe with no cars either direction for those that are wondering :) mods are JB1 at 4.8 and a CTS DP.

CarlosCanizares

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf R
Came across some kids driving erratically and knew I could get a race from them lol. 3 people in the Veloster and I made the comment at the light they had the weight disadvantage and they started saying how the GTI is a POS blah blah. Light turns green, I lit up my tires a bit too much (on a hill) but by 60 I was probably 5 cars ahead and 80, 10 cars. Good times. They wouldn't look at me and did a ricer fly by lol.

I did make sure it was safe with no cars either direction for those that are wondering :) mods are JB1 at 4.8 and a CTS DP.

Awesome!

I really don't know who would buy a car that looks like a scrotum.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
The Veloster comes with nice tool trays on the front hood:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatloserboi

Ready to race!
The veloster may not be the best looking car ever.. But there is decent value in one.. They are decent quick.. They are quicker than abarths, scion Tc, should be able to take frs/brz in a straight line race, possibly even a civic si.. And they are cheaper than the cars..

But the flip side would be would you take the veloster over a fiesta St?? I know what I'd choose between the two...

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Ya exactly. Not bad cars and decently priced, but FiST all the way. But hell, a new Civic EX with the CVT might be faster since it gives the SI a run for its money!

Dan84

Ready to race!
Tested the veloster turbo but found that it doesn't have that edge or kick. It does nonetheless put a decent power down for everyday driving other than that it's definitely not a robot to robot kind of race car.

Mk7VW

Banned
The veloster may not be the best looking car ever.. But there is decent value in one.. They are decent quick.. They are quicker than abarths, scion Tc, should be able to take frs/brz in a straight line race, possibly even a civic si.. And they are cheaper than the cars..

But the flip side would be would you take the veloster over a fiesta St?? I know what I'd choose between the two...

It's ugly as shit

1SLOW2.01

Ready to race!
I actually really like the Veloster and owned a 2012 and only sold it because I moved to Japan. Now, granted it wasn't a turbo, but it was a great car and I would buy one as a DD again in a heartbeat.

Now it is nowhere near being on the same level as the GTI. There is no getting around that one.