GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5150 Racing custom Accessport tune

bluekid99

Drag Race Newbie
5150 doesn't make an ots map. He'll give you a base map then you need to log it to see how it does. It may be need to be turned up or down depending on your fuel, elevation, mods, etc. FYI when I was is38, my trap increased from 119mph (apr 93) to 122.8mph (5150 e30).

I dont really plan on running e80 or anything just want to keep straight bolt ons with my is38

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
I dont really plan on running e80 or anything just want to keep straight bolt ons with my is38

Do you have a way to log through vcds or obd11 to see how the car is running with current APR tune?

Zx2man

Ready to race!
5150 doesn't make an ots map. He'll give you a base map then you need to log it to see how it does. It may be need to be turned up or down depending on your fuel, elevation, mods, etc. FYI when I was is38, my trap increased from 119mph (apr 93) to 122.8mph (5150 e30).

If your 5150 tune was calibrated for 93 oct instead of e30, do you think your trap would be significant over APR?

Im assuming with e30 theres a fair mount of boost n timing that can be played with. For Bluekid99 sake, I ask. Ie- worth money to jump tuning solutions.

Fyi I love Cobb and ran it on my previous platforms.
Thank you PacDawg.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
If your 5150 tune was calibrated for 93 oct instead of e30, do you think your trap would be significant over APR?

Im assuming with e30 theres a fair mount of boost n timing that can be played with. For Bluekid99 sake, I ask. Ie- worth money to jump tuning solutions.

Fyi I love Cobb and ran it on my previous platforms.
Thank you PacDawg.

I wouldn't know really. I actually was running e30 when I was on 93 APR tune since we only get crappy 91 here in CA. That's why I asked for blue to log to see how the APR tune is doing with his setup in order to figure out if it would be worth it to swap.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
If you're gonna run any blend at all with an is38 I'd recommend a HPFP. Without a HPFP the car will start to starve for fuel during extended pulls, even on e40.

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
If you're gonna run any blend at all with an is38 I'd recommend a HPFP. Without a HPFP the car will start to starve for fuel during extended pulls, even on e40.

I went with the lpfp upgrade since that was the recommend initial fueling upgrade when running ethanol blends in the past but the hpfp seems it should be the first upgrade with cobb anyways. Cobb actual recommends hpfp for the is38 even without ethanol.

Last edited:

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Jon put the finishing touches on my stage 2 IS20 GTI maps tonight. E48 is a torque monster and a nice step up from his 93 map. I’m really impressed with the car and the customer service [emoji106]

Last edited:

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Last edited:

pieguy

Ready to race!
5150 or any other tunes able to tune for the Walbro 450 yet or do you still need an aftermarket controller. Can Cobb handle the Autotech HPFP with just tuning as well?

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Of course.

Yup. I've had the 450 pump in since october of last year with no controller and no issues. Had the hpfp installed for a few weeks now as well and Jon has adjusted the tune for the hpfp. Hey diggs, were you able to get the tune adjusted for the hpfp? I see APR sells the kit and doesn't mention a tune needed for it.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Yup. I've had the 450 pump in since october of last year with no controller and no issues. Had the hpfp installed for a few weeks now as well and Jon has adjusted the tune for the hpfp. Hey diggs, were you able to get the tune adjusted for the hpfp? I see APR sells the kit and doesn't mention a tune needed for it.

Yup. All good. Need to get it on the dyno and see where we are.