GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

dietcokefiend

Master of Disaster
Oh I completely agree. I'm hoping this thread and the sticky on Reddit are ultimately used to find whatever the common link is and spread the word when the final fix is in place.

ILMGTI

Ready to race!

ILMGTI

Ready to race!
But this is a DSG, not a 6MT... I think we are muddy-ing the waters here. Can we just keep this thread strictly to the issue that MOST people are having (their engines are shutting down while fully disengaging/pressing in the clutch at low speeds, i.e. coming to a stop)?

DSG or not my problem wasn't related to the transmission.

cb1111

A couple of dealers have been able to replicate the issue themselves. I’m not sure right now a floor mat would have been overlooked at that level...
Sounds like it is more of a carpet issue than a floor mat issue.

If you have that issue, then why don't you check for that?

dietcokefiend

Master of Disaster
Sounds like it is more of a carpet issue than a floor mat issue.

If you have that issue, then why don't you check for that?

I can’t personally account for how dealers are looking at peoples cars. I’m not sure 18 people with 2019 models are missing a floor mat either.

cb1111

I can’t personally account for how dealers are looking at peoples cars. I’m not sure 18 people with 2019 models are missing a floor mat either.
You appear to enjoy being obstructive, so this isn't directed at you.

What one poster found was:

"the carpet with the rubber mat that came with the car where blocking the pedal from going all the way to the floor... so I moved the carpet and correctly placed the rubber mat in position... and now the pedal travels all the way to the floor."

While I'm not quite sure what he is talking about "the carpet with the rubber mat", I suspect that he is referring to the actual installed carpet and not the floor mat, or a conflict between the two.

What is clear though is that neither that poster nor I said anything about a missing floor mat.

videoguy009

Ready to race!
I think that floor mat issue is a bunch of bs.The pedal stop is well above the mat and even if it is not pegged into the grommets it will not interfere with the stall do to the clutch not being disengaged.The mat would have to be bunched up under the pedal.I know we look for the solution to satisfy our minds me included but the problem lies within the ECU as far as throttle body adaptation as far as I'm concerned.Why didn't the car shudder before quitting if the clutch wasn't disengaged and just quit like the video showed???

dietcokefiend

Master of Disaster
My reply is that I can’t tell you how these dealers are addressing the problem. My car isn’t stalling so I can’t easily go down and verify if my carpet isn’t misaligned. My point is that dealers are seeing this as an electrical systems issue (throttle adaptation by the DSG commenter, VW tech in the Facebook group going after the throttle as well).

In any event, there are plenty of people watching this thread. If you have the stalling issue by all means check your carpet.

videoguy009

Ready to race!
I think that floor mat issue is a bunch of bs.The pedal stop is well above the mat and even if it is not pegged into the grommets it will not interfere with the stall do to the clutch not being disengaged.The mat would have to be bunched up under the pedal.I know we look for the solution to satisfy our minds me included but the problem lies within the ECU as far as throttle body adaptation as far as I'm concerned.Like I said in an earlier post the ECU's are new for 2019 and there is going to be a glitch or two in them.Why didn't the car shudder before quitting if the clutch wasn't disengaged and just quit like the video showed???

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I think that floor mat issue is a bunch of bs.The pedal stop is well above the mat and even if it is not pegged into the grommets it will not interfere with the stall do to the clutch not being disengaged.The mat would have to be bunched up under the pedal.I know we look for the solution to satisfy our minds me included but the problem lies within the ECU as far as throttle body adaptation as far as I'm concerned.Like I said in an earlier post the ECU's are new for 2019 and there is going to be a glitch or two in them.Why didn't the car shudder before quitting if the clutch wasn't disengaged and just quit like the video showed???

I asked the same thing. The car should have shuddered and bucked before it stalled.