GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT Prototype Turbo Results

Ohlawd

Passed Driver's Ed
The results of this turbo are impressive! I’m very interested in this setup and switching from a JB4 to the AP. Always had great luck with it back in my Subaru days.

Ed, if buying an AP through you guys and running it on the is38 off the bat. Are there any deals on pro-tuning from you? Instead of just running the OTS maps. Then when the time comes to upgrade to the EQT Vortex turbo is there a discount on a pro-tune there?

Either way, very stoked to see the numbers on such a simple setup. I’m definitely jumping on the bandwagon as soon as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
The results of this turbo are impressive! I’m very interested in this setup and switching from a JB4 to the AP. Always had great luck with it back in my Subaru days.

Ed, if buying an AP through you guys and running it on the is38 off the bat. Are there any deals on pro-tuning from you? Instead of just running the OTS maps. Then when the time comes to upgrade to the EQT Vortex turbo is there a discount on a pro-tune there?

Either way, very stoked to see the numbers on such a simple setup. I’m definitely jumping on the bandwagon as soon as I can.

Exactly same for me, as previous setup.....my turbo goes on later next month with AP protuning through Ed

Hoop711

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok so this thread has me intrigued. My car (2016 Golf R) is not a daily driver and essentially a weekend toy but I would like a something in the 400-425 WHP or about 475 Crank. Is that possible with this setup? I have an IE intercooler and AWE DP already. I would prefer to stay with pump gas but would be willing to upgrade the fuel pump(s) if necessary. I don't take my car to the strip so am looking for more canyon carving performance/street performance.

What would be all the hardware needed on top of the custom tune?

I am more active on Vortex but this forum certainly has more info on BT setups.

Cheers,
Dan

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Ok so this thread has me intrigued. My car (2016 Golf R) is not a daily driver and essentially a weekend toy but I would like a something in the 400-425 WHP or about 475 Crank. Is that possible with this setup? I have an IE intercooler and AWE DP already. I would prefer to stay with pump gas but would be willing to upgrade the fuel pump(s) if necessary. I don't take my car to the strip so am looking for more canyon carving performance/street performance.

Cheers,
Dan

I think 475 crank is very reasonable on this turbo with pump gas even on a conservative dyno. Ed@EQT recently tracked his own R with this turbo so he's not afraid to beat it up a bit. I'll be heading his way for a retune on e30/e85 in a few weeks.

Calubi

Ready to race!
Do you need meth to get over 400 whp on pump 93?

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

I do offer some package deals with the Turbo/AP/Tuning. Generally they're applied to whatever is purchased at the time. Give us a call or e-mail and we can get you some pricing.

Thanks
-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

Cheers,
Dan

Hi Dan,

400-425whp is very doable on pump gas. You'll want to upgrade your hpfp and make sure you have at least 1 step colder plugs (NGK Racing recommended, but RS7 are fine). An intake it also highly recommended to get the most out of the turbo.

Thanks
-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Hey guys! It's time!

The "Boost Weather Sale" is live!

Turbo only - $1599
Complete Kit- $1749
Package Complete kit, Cobb AccessPort, and Custom e-tune for $2699 - That's $450 off retail pricing!

This pricing will be running until November 30th or until we sell out. We have a couple turbos available to ship now and the rest will ship mid November. You can give us a call or order online at https://eqtuning.com/products/eqt-vortex-turbocharger

Thanks
-- Ed

vw671

Autocross Newbie
Hey guys! It's time!

Turbo only - $1599
Complete Kit- $1749
Package Complete kit, Cobb AccessPort, and Custom e-tune for $2699 - That's $450 off retail pricing!

This pricing will be running until November 30th or until we sell out. We have a couple turbos available to ship now and the rest will ship mid November. You can give us a call or order online at https://eqtuning.com/products/eqt-vortex-turbocharger

Thanks
-- Ed

Ordered through Mabotech!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Ordered through Mabotech!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Excellent! Now we only have one available to ship immediately! The rest will be shipping in 2-3 weeks!

-- Ed

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Hey guys! It's time!

Turbo only - $1599
Complete Kit- $1749

Thanks
-- Ed

Get these while they last! This is a crazy deal for this month only! Prices go back up to normal in December (if we have any left).

-- Ed

DesertRat47

Passed Driver's Ed
I do offer some package deals with the Turbo/AP/Tuning. Generally they're applied to whatever is purchased at the time. Give us a call or e-mail and we can get you some pricing.

Thanks

-- Ed

This is from a very happy costumer. Have Ed pro-tune your car via Cobb AP. You won’t be disappointed