GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boss 500 Project

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
These new versions still require you to use the cts intake?

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
You’re not required, but the silicone inlet elbow off the turbo is 3.5 inch. Most aftermarket intake pipes are 3 inch, so you’ll have to run a reducer somewhere. The cts intake pipe and filter are already 3.5 inches. The updated turbo setup gets rid of the silicone discharge pipe for one that’s metal and welded to the turbo. Somebody running the newer setup can confirm but that’s what it looks like in the pics, couple other little upgrades it looks like also moving stuff around slightly like the dv.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
The website was updated a while ago with the V2 part:

http://www.ctsturbo.com/cart/products/CTS_Turbo_MQB_BOSS_MK7_GTI_Golf_R_8V_S3_8V_A3-4956-0.html

The biggest changes are the integrated DV boss on the compressor housing, which according to their site allows the use of the OEM DV, the integrated TOP which can use factory or aftermarket piping, billet wastegate mount, and simplified TIP/silicone elbow.

How do you reduce the 3.5" silicone fitting to a 3" silicone fitting for another aftermarket intake in such a short distance? Is there an insert type of adapter that would just fill that gap and you'd clamp it all up?

Probably just this http://www.siliconeintakes.com/inta....html?osCsid=7692efeb936d42d5c52f15da36b21d05 plus a 2-3" piece of 3.5" diameter pipe then?

Last edited:

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
That’s one option, you could also cut up and run a reducer anywhere on the intake pipe or near the filter. Personally I didn’t want to cobble something together that way, I hate the open filter intakes but I hated the idea of it less than cutting up my vwr intake at the time, I just used their intake, it was just plain easier imo, yay for more turbo noises and ease of install, is how I figured it.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Could I use the unitronic dp I already have?
Per the CTS page it works with any brands DP. Turbo location and flange is the same as stock.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pieguy

Ready to race!
Was this on 93 with stock fueling?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
450 pump and precision fueling rail on e50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UM tune I'm guessing? The ~420wtq number for stock block is nice, but you know this turbo has a lot more in it with good fueling. With e50 on a full bore tune you should be maxing the 600 out.

Not a criticism, thats my plan until the stock motor gives out, but I'd expect it to last a while at that level.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
450 pump is maxed out on ethanol. dual 450s would net 500+ no problem imo

That's a good point, I'm a bit light on LPFP capability and specs but needing that much more volume from ethanol would limit headroom.

I wonder if a lower blend or 93 octane only would have more top end.