GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

XDS related topics

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Try this instead. Changes the e-diff . and revert back the xds setting.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=494666&postcount=33

I had already done that tweak and have definitely noticed an improvement in traction. Also the starting vibration reduction.

What’re your thoughts on the e-diff fluid change interval?

Still, so far I’m really enjoying the turn in the strong setting is offering. I’m gonna turn it off later and compare.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
You think leaving the XDS on standard is better than turning it off completely?

Standard or weak seem to be the best for going fast without worrying about sliding off the road.

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
Standard or weak seem to be the best for going fast without worrying about sliding off the road.

Standard. Someone tested this on the track and it was faster lap times with the diff tveak and xds to standard than xds strong.

Yeah did some tests yesterday and definitely faster out of corner with it turned off.

I was reading golfdave’s thread and he’s saying that XDS is necessary to “pre load” the e diff so it works properly. So now I’m wondering if weak or standard is better.

mrd8cd

Ready to race!
I would like a definitive answer on this as well. I have my XDS set to off, as I was following StealthGTI's advice from his blog:

"XDS uses ABS to redirect torque from a slipping wheel to one with traction. That feature can create some wheel hop on cars equipped with the Performance Package. It also adds wear to the brake pads. Disabling XDS allows the Performance Package’s electronic differential to act fully on its own."

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I would like a definitive answer on this as well. I have my XDS set to off, as I was following StealthGTI's advice from his blog:

"XDS uses ABS to redirect torque from a slipping wheel to one with traction. That feature can create some wheel hop on cars equipped with the Performance Package. It also adds wear to the brake pads. Disabling XDS allows the Performance Package’s electronic differential to act fully on its own."

There was another report that someone tracking the car in that configuration got progressively slower as the laps added up. The VAQ with increased traction, and without the assistance of XDS, could not keep up with the demands of continuous diff lock as heat rose.

mrd8cd

Ready to race!
There was another report that someone tracking the car in that configuration got progressively slower as the laps added up. The VAQ with increased traction, and without the assistance of XDS, could not keep up with the demands of continuous diff lock as heat rose.

Seems like "weak" should be a good compromise between off and standard then. I wonder if StealthGTI will chip in with his experiences...

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
I turned mine off. Non PP GTI. I Only do rolls anyway. i'd probably set it to medium if i went to the track, or even strong.

rcb020

Passed Driver's Ed
I set my XDS to weak and VAQ set to increased traction. Seems like a good balance on my stock GTI sport. I also changed steering feel to normal as the weight seemed to increase with the VAQ change.

DrDavid

Ready to race!
I set my XDS to weak and VAQ set to increased traction. Seems like a good balance on my stock GTI sport. I also changed steering feel to normal as the weight seemed to increase with the VAQ change.

how did you change the steering feel ?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Set counter steer support to weak.
Have already set vibration reduction of and xds to weak.

Honestly the counter steer seeing made the most difference of any of these mods. Car feels much peppier on acceleration with less power cuts. Downside (which is not a downside to me). Have to modulate throttle with more precision on corner abou exit, otherwise you'll just understeer off the road. Being able to use full throttle afterwards is worth it though.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Set counter steer support to weak.
Have already set vibration reduction of and xds to weak.

Honestly the counter steer seeing made the most difference of any of these mods. Car feels much peppier on acceleration with less power cuts. Downside (which is not a downside to me). Have to modulate throttle with more precision on corner abou exit, otherwise you'll just understeer off the road. Being able to use full throttle afterwards is worth it though.

Adaptation exists, but is "Not Available" when opening it up on my '17 with PP.