GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB: Winter Wheels + Performance Winter Tires - 18's

Lmike6453

Ready to race!
I'm in search of a winter set of wheels and tires for my 2018 Golf R.

5x112
Wheel offset: ET45-ET50 range
Tire size: 235/40/R18

Willing to buy wheels and tires separately but a set is preferred with Michelin Pilot Alpine PA4 tires.

Post what you've got!

Last edited:

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport

Wheel offset: 5x112

Willing to buy wheels and tires separately but a set is preferred with Michelin Pilot Alpine PA4 tires.

Post what you've got!

I see you're in PA. I think someone was getting rid of a winter set on pittsburgh CL from their Audi. Might want to check there if you haven't yet. someone also had a nice set of blizzaks but I wanted to go with a 17" not 18" for winter. Set of black Sparco's and winter tires on there I remember seeing as well. just search "5x112" or maybe audi or vw wheels and you'll find them. I just ended up using ebay 15% coup and buying a set of wheels but haven't got tires for it yet, trying to narrow down what I want. Good luck

Lmike6453

Ready to race!
I see you're in PA. I think someone was getting rid of a winter set on pittsburgh CL from their Audi. Might want to check there if you haven't yet. someone also had a nice set of blizzaks but I wanted to go with a 17" not 18" for winter. Set of black Sparco's and winter tires on there I remember seeing as well. just search "5x112" or maybe audi or vw wheels and you'll find them. I just ended up using ebay 15% coup and buying a set of wheels but haven't got tires for it yet, trying to narrow down what I want. Good luck

Thanks for the heads up...just decided that I want to go with white and update OP with example.

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Thanks for the heads up...just decided that I want to go with white and update OP with example.
You're welcome. White for winter seems like it would be a PITA to keep clean. Looks good though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Lmike6453

Ready to race!
You're welcome. White for winter seems like it would be a PITA to keep clean. Looks good though.

Yeah my strategy is to do waterless car washes and clean the car often, but faster than buckets for practicality.

you can plastic dip to white any wheel you get, otherwise your options are going to be very limited.

I found some already that look good but have no idea about the durability of 'JNC' or 'Motegi"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18x8-5-JNC...858176?hash=item363a361a40:g:KXkAAOSwo2dbgfae

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motegi-Rac...208081&hash=item1ee92f4792:g:Jb8AAOSwUO9bhXmD

A slightly pricier option is the brand 'fifteen52':

https://www.carid.com/fifteen-52-wheels/tarmac-white-65039251.html

Last edited:

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
Yeah my strategy is to do waterless car washes and clean the car often, but faster than buckets for practicality.

I found some already that look good but have no idea about the durability of 'JNC' or 'Motegi"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/18x8-5-JNC...858176?hash=item363a361a40:g:KXkAAOSwo2dbgfae

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motegi-Rac...208081&hash=item1ee92f4792:g:Jb8AAOSwUO9bhXmD

A slightly pricier option is the brand 'fifteen52':

https://www.carid.com/fifteen-52-wheels/tarmac-white-65039251.html

Late response but I actually just ordered a set of motegi traklite's for winter. No idea on durability either but they say flow formed so I went for it. Only $414 for the set 17" with the eBay 15%. Coup. They didn't have that model in white though that I'm aware of.

Lmike6453

Ready to race!
After some more thought I dont think white would be good for winter.
I'm Open to other colors.

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
I have 9/32 Michelin XICE 3 235/40/18. Located in NJ but I can deliver them to SE PA.
Rick

Last edited:

DrewB

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Pure White Sport
I have 9/32 Michelin XICE 3 235/40/18. Located in NJ but I can deliver them to SE PA.
Rick
Assuming these were the ones on CL, I'd contacted you but ended up finding something closer to me. Nice set of tires for good price

Lmike6453

Ready to race!
Rick

Sorry I am looking for a performance winter tire and these are studless.

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R

5x112
Wheel offset: ET45-ET50 range

Post what you've got!

Not selling but I run the PA4's on my winters and love them. Outperformed my expectations when that big snow storm hit the Philly area last year.

Lmike6453

Ready to race!
Not selling but I run the PA4's on my winters and love them. Outperformed my expectations when that big snow storm hit the Philly area last year.

Thanks this helps give me confidence in them! :D

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
I just bought a set of PA4s and am getting them put on in a week or two. How did they perform in snow? I'm from the Buffalo area so I expect to see a lot of snow every year lol. Sorry for the quick hijack OP.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

njswider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Golf R
I just bought a set of PA4s and am getting them put on in a week or two. How did they perform in snow? I'm from the Buffalo area so I expect to see a lot of snow every year lol. Sorry for the quick hijack OP.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

We got hit pretty bad last year, took me 4 hours to drive 35 miles home from work that day... with the PA4s and the AWD it felt like i was speeding past everyone when i was doing maybe 40 on major highways. Complete control, they cut right through any slush or loose snow. Great stopping power even when hitting it hard. When it was dry, I felt like these did a great job of allowing me to still have fun when it was safe to.