GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB: Raceseng Prolix Shift Knob (Textured Black)

ZTrev10

Just checking to see if anyone has the Prolix or the Rondure in textured black. Currently trying to upgrade my shifting/clutch components. Also looking for a Euro Short Shifter.

FROSTYmk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7.5 golf gti 6MT
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...RMXnX9z68rYZ67zbrDOff8skuQuYemYAaAt0yEALw_wcB
I Installed one of those on my car and just to inform you of my experience, the 20% reduction is barely noticeable. However, I still have the OEM shift knob. I'm sure the 20% FTB reduction is much more noticeable with a shorter shift knob. That's also the lowest priced Oem euro short shifter I've been able to find online from a reliable seller/website.

ZTrev10

Interesting. I kinda like the height of the stock shift knob, so I was hoping that the short shifter might help. If it's barely noticeable, I might pass on it. I just read a lot of people saying it was a great mod, but I also feel like it could be placebo? One of the better shifting mods was the delay valve removal. Really feel the shift point now.

ZTrev10

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...RMXnX9z68rYZ67zbrDOff8skuQuYemYAaAt0yEALw_wcB
I Installed one of those on my car and just to inform you of my experience, the 20% reduction is barely noticeable. However, I still have the OEM shift knob. I'm sure the 20% FTB reduction is much more noticeable with a shorter shift knob. That's also the lowest priced Oem euro short shifter I've been able to find online from a reliable seller/website.

Did a little research and found this short shifter kit. It's on Ebay and same cost as Euro Short Shifter, but with more reduction?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Did a little research and found this short shifter kit. It's on Ebay and same cost as Euro Short Shifter, but with more reduction?
i have the spulen one and it seem like the same thing. I had it with the stock knob and the shortest setting was very very and kinda unpleasant to get into first couple gear, nice thing is that it’s adjustable so I was able to chance the setting with ease, i now have it in the middle with a shorter heavy knob and it’s perfect.

FROSTYmk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7.5 golf gti 6MT
i have the spulen one and it seem like the same thing. I had it with the stock knob and the shortest setting was very very and kinda unpleasant to get into first couple gear, nice thing is that it’s adjustable so I was able to chance the setting with ease, i now have it in the middle with a shorter heavy knob and it’s perfect.
From your personal experience, how is the difference between the OEM golf ball shift knob and a shorter weighted shifter? I installed an OEM Audi short shifter and It just doesn't feel quite as short as I want it to. maybe a shorter weighted shift knob will give me that shorter feel that I'm looking for?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Yeah the knob height adds to the shorten feel, I have a knob for shortshifters.com and like most for our cars they are height adjustable, when I first installed all the way down the shifting was extremely short.
Second pic is about 1/4” from the lowest setting and Third/fourth pic is raised up some how I have it now.

F0A6FC45-52B0-4525-B17A-EDA374F53ACF.jpeg

CC764734-FC61-44F5-8BA4-B80A7E40833A.jpeg

F86C5A7A-9C56-4567-B687-C6BB362DA30B.jpeg

7D2619A4-12F9-478D-A8B2-96333DD0314D.jpeg

FROSTYmk7.5

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7.5 golf gti 6MT
Yeah the knob height adds to the shorten feel, I have a knob for shortshifters.com and like most for our cars they are height adjustable, when I first installed all the way down the shifting was extremely short.
Second pic is about 1/4” from the lowest setting and Third/fourth pic is raised up some how I have it now.

View attachment 168954

View attachment 168955

View attachment 168956

View attachment 168957
That's awesome, and I actually really like that shift knob. I hate the shifters that don't have the gears on them.