GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB- Fueling mods

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Biggest 2 things I am looking for is a LPFP and HPFP. Would like a 1300cc MPI setup w/harness as well. Will be pushing initially a Garret Stage 1 power-max, later a Stage 2 once I get bored with stage 1. Or, if car makes enough power and hits limit of my clutch (550whp) I will stay Stage 1 if fueling mods and retune get me there, or damn close. Other supporting mods I need to go with this:

Retune different platform (since Unitronic doesnt have a tune for it): Cobb/EQT/, Ecutek (will need dongle and license), Eurodyne Maestro (will need dongle and license).
PM4 ?
Ethanol sensor kit w/gauge
Considering a Snow Performance Meth kit for that last push of extra hp.

*Absolutely NO Walbro 525, they melt controllers. 535 is ok.
*prefer LPFP to be a drop in assembly (cause Im older and dont want the stress of building a bucket assembly lol)

-thanks

scrllock

Autocross Champion
You don't need 1300cc injectors for either of those turbos. And you don't need an HPFP if you're adding MPI.

I have an Ecutek dongle + ECU/TCU credits for sale. $600 asking.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Yea Ive heard that too, but Ive also seen motors go to shit for not having it. Better safe than sorry.

Keeping your Ecutek in consideration. Nobody close by can tune on it though.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
For not having an upgraded HPFP or not having 980cc injectors that have the cap ground off for that "proprietary" 1300cc spray pattern?

After dealing with aftermarket HPFP bullshit I'll take OE fuel parts every day.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
LOL geez idk man. Parts nowadays so many places doing the "me too" thing, idk what the hell Im buying unless its a brand Im familiar with to make quality products. Seems like GTI's I see with trouble, have low brand parts or even worse, ebay shit. With mods I try to get things that help me keep a margin, overkill just a bit, so that you dont have to run the smaller at max all the time, to achieve a goal.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Running at the margin is simply a matter of tuning. IMO the safest setup is stock HPFP + stock bosch injectors. If you buy 1300cc's, take a look at the part number, they're scratched off because it's just a hacked up 925cc injector. I'd trust bosch and hitachi more than the guys hacking up those parts to make them flow more, especially when you don't need that much for relatively small turbos.