GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTB DKM stage 3 twin disc clutch

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Just putting a feeler out to see if anyone has one they never got around to installing before I purchase from Urotuning.

Sent from Mognet using Moogles

trbojoe112

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I have one that was installed for a few thousand miles. Had issues with it so I pulled it out and they sent me a new inner clutch disk. Never got around to putting it back in. I've read that they updated the throw out bearing since and that might have been part of my problem too.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I have one that was installed for a few thousand miles. Had issues with it so I pulled it out and they sent me a new inner clutch disk. Never got around to putting it back in. I've read that they updated the throw out bearing since and that might have been part of my problem too.

My mechanic just told me not to get this one because the one in his mk5 (2 years ago) just didn’t push down without gym-level effort and it never got better. I’m hoping it’s since been updated like your problem as well. Mostly what I’ve read and seen online is that for a daily stage 2 this is the clutch to get.

Dragk913

Go Kart Newbie
My mechanic just told me not to get this one because the one in his mk5 (2 years ago) just didn’t push down without gym-level effort and it never got better. I’m hoping it’s since been updated like your problem as well. Mostly what I’ve read and seen online is that for a daily stage 2 this is the clutch to get.

The first 200ish miles take a good amount of effort to clutch in (my wife (98lbs/5ft) couldn't handle the clutch for more than two or three depressions). However, after those first 200 miles, it lightens up a LOT and around 500-700 miles it feels 95% like stock. I'm at 12k miles now and my wife can drive the car for extended periods of time with no problems.

I wouldn't let your mechanic's issues affect your decision. The only negative I have about the DKM Stage 2 is that there is chatter because of the SMF.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
The first 200ish miles take a good amount of effort to clutch in (my wife (98lbs/5ft) couldn't handle the clutch for more than two or three depressions). However, after those first 200 miles, it lightens up a LOT and around 500-700 miles it feels 95% like stock. I'm at 12k miles now and my wife can drive the car for extended periods of time with no problems.

I wouldn't let your mechanic's issues affect your decision. The only negative I have about the DKM Stage 2 is that there is chatter because of the SMF.

Ok. I’m not worried, then. I regularly squat 225 free weight many reps so I doubt a pedal’s gonna bother me. My son is almost 4, stocky kid, and I still carry him (on my left side) everywhere. I was just worried more about it affecting shifting speed while gunning it between lights, highway ramps etc. I have heard videos of it vs. non twin discs and it does sound much quieter. My MKIV was a SMF flywheel and it sounded like Thomas the Tank Engine in drive thrus so I can imagine it to be much quieter. [emoji23]

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Just putting a feeler out to see if anyone has one they never got around to installing before I purchase from Urotuning.

I think GTI Jake installed 2 or 3 DKM clutches, I believe he have one in his car as well. Maybe he can chime in later or you can Pm him for his opinion on this.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Yeah I’m thinking it was just still in development a few years ago is all.

trbojoe112

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
I'd be willing to sell mine pretty cheap if you're interested. Again, it was installed for a few thousand miles (around 3-4k) and has a new inner disk. I would get a new throw out bearing and new bolts though.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I'd be willing to sell mine pretty cheap if you're interested. Again, it was installed for a few thousand miles (around 3-4k) and has a new inner disk. I would get a new throw out bearing and new bolts though.

Is the throwout bearing used the same one as stock, or is DKM using their own/other manufacturer? *edit* Now reading it’s best to use a LUK tob since the new ones ship with it. Also, what issue were you having with yours? Grinding, shuddering?

Last edited:

trbojoe112

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
Is the throwout bearing used the same one as stock, or is DKM using their own/other manufacturer? *edit* Now reading it’s best to use a LUK tob since the new ones ship with it. Also, what issue were you having with yours? Grinding, shuddering?

it wasn't releasing all the way and i had to force it in and out of gear. probably was a combination of the bad disk and throw out bearing. PM me if you want it.

Pamwith2ms

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok. I’m not worried, then. I regularly squat 225 free weight many reps so I doubt a pedal’s gonna bother me. My son is almost 4, stocky kid, and I still carry him (on my left side) everywhere. ...

I'm thinking of removing my power steering. My dog is big and I still pet him (in a circular motion with both hands alternating direction) all the time.

#onthelefthandside

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Railroader is selling his. I would contact him if he still has it probably a great price for a few thousand miles on it.

Pedal pressure has been basically stock since get go for mine but I used the updated oem TOB. In my opinion twin disks are much louder than singles with smfw and the dkm is no exception but it does get better.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I wound up getting a Sachs Audi clutch. 800 mi and it’s a little heavier than stock. Can’t beat $390 and lifetime replacement for stage 2 holding power. I swear the car’s traction is better now but that may just be placebo effect. Good lil clutch kit; Quieter than stock also.