GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WOT Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

iSpool

United_Euros
You just shift with your foot on the floor

Your right, you can power shift to not loose boost in between gears, but it does do harm to the transmission/engine. I have done this for years before WOT box'es were made, now that they do exist they make more sense for $200 than risking blowing a transmission/spinning a rod.

Yeah, the sensible people would rather not power shift. Good way to potentially blow your trans. Hope that works out for you though! That's why they make No Lift Shift features in a wotbox.

This.

Bull Crap. I love my DSG! I shift just like a manual, but three times faster! I have owned many High Performance Manual Cars and loved them, but after owning and driving DSG I will never go back. Honestly I think I have only driven my DSG in "D" maybe five times.

Try driving a DSG with a Stage 2 Tune or Turbo Upgrade and I think your opinion will change.......

Sounds like you guys are describing exactly what a DSG does....

Agreed, everyone of my friends who has a 6spd GTI will say "Why'd you get DSG, ew, blah blah blah." Then when they drive my DSG GTI with the same mods or more, they say "Damn, DSG is nuts, I should have got it." I have never lost to a 6spd car with equivalent mods because you simply cannot shift faster than DSG. Plus you really cant beat the sound of DSG unless you have a 6spd GTI/Golf R with an exhaust and WOT Box.

Everyone has their own opinion, some like to feel more involved with the car and the road, some just like the traditonal manual transmission car because they have been superior to automatic forever (atleast until now with DSG, DCT, E-Gear, etc. etc.)

Just my 2 cents.

zhijjawi10

Go Kart Champion
Your right, you can power shift to not loose boost in between gears, but it does do harm to the transmission/engine. I have done this for years before WOT box'es were made, now that they do exist they make more sense for $200 than risking blowing a transmission/spinning a rod.

This.

Agreed, everyone of my friends who has a 6spd GTI will say "Why'd you get DSG, ew, blah blah blah." Then when they drive my DSG GTI with the same mods or more, they say "Damn, DSG is nuts, I should have got it." I have never lost to a 6spd car with equivalent mods because you simply cannot shift faster than DSG. Plus you really cant beat the sound of DSG unless you have a 6spd GTI/Golf R with an exhaust and WOT Box.

Everyone has their own opinion, some like to feel more involved with the car and the road, some just like the traditonal manual transmission car because they have been superior to automatic forever (atleast until now with DSG, DCT, E-Gear, etc. etc.)

Just my 2 cents.

I have 380whp and I kick myself every single day for not getting DSG. My boy is apr stage 3+ with 400whp an has HPA DSG tune. This feels like a fucking Lamborghini. I am jealous of it every single day. DSG is a lot sicker than people would think. I used to hate on it, till I rode in a Big turbo GTI with a DSG flash. Insane.

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
So this is for people who can't drive stick well

No not at all it makes for faster shift. Less time in between shifts = less boost lost = faster times. Why you think dsg is soo fast

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
Bull Crap. I love my DSG! I shift just like a manual, but three times faster! I have owned many High Performance Manual Cars and loved them, but after owning and driving DSG I will never go back. Honestly I think I have only driven my DSG in "D" maybe five times.

Try driving a DSG with a Stage 2 Tune or Turbo Upgrade and I think your opinion will change.......

Sounds like you guys are describing exactly what a DSG does....

Haha i had dsg as well. Stage 2 for thy matter. It was alright but honestly your not shifting just like a manual at all. You are just keeping you foot planted and pushing up on shifter. For starters you have Two pedals and you don't feel as connected and in control of the car. Don't get me wrong i loved my dsg and would suggest it for daily driver but in performance car I am taking mt all day. All personal preference though. No doubt dsg is far superior and faster just having owned it got old 1 year later. Only reason I didn't get mkv r32.

Last edited:

cruizin011

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you not get that the box cuts ignition? No spark, no revs climbing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

I fully understand what this mod does. It's been on my car for over 3 years. I was commenting on the "just keep your foot to the floor"

It would be a great mod for you awd guys with the addition of being able to build a little boost at a set rpm for launching.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
Tell me a scenario where the box would prevent a catastrophic failure on a car with a hard rev limiter in place

Dmueller343

Ready to race!
this thread delivers.

im getting a WOTbox.

You have to tell me how it is when you get box in. Also buddy of mine was wondering where you got your bags installed or did you do it yourself?

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Wow didnt realize this page moved so fast haha. If anyone is hesitant about doing this please just buy one and you will be pleasantly surprised at how well this works for a simple little box. I actually helped N2MB make the instructions for the mk6 platform. The pics on there are from my car. There are only slight differences where the wiring goes between the mk5 and 6. I guarantee the first time you do a no lift shift you will giggle. I have had one on each of my cars for the past 4 years and have had 0 issues to date. It is an awesome feeling still when I use the no lift shift....it never gets old. If your into 1/4 mile racing then this is a must to even the playing field on DSG cars. If your not into that and its still fun as hell. If anyone has questions on install or anything regarding this wotbox I will happy to answer them. I have installed many of these on mine and friends cars. I will check back in this thread often now. You can also PM me as well.

VagPuncher

Ready to race!
If I could hold boost between shifts id rape people even harder. I lose at least 15psi between shifts. Sucks.

Dude get one!

I've had one in my car for about a year now and its great! :thumbup:

ian dummy

Ready to race!
So I have a few questions...

What happens if you miss your shift? Every once in a while it happens and I don't want to float a valve or anything having fun.

How hard is this to install?

I am really interested in doing this for NLS but I am hesitant as I know how many things I break on my project bug when I beat on it and my R is my daily...

nevekd128

Ready to race!
So I have a few questions...

What happens if you miss your shift? Every once in a while it happens and I don't want to float a valve or anything having fun.

How hard is this to install?

I am really interested in doing this for NLS but I am hesitant as I know how many things I break on my project bug when I beat on it and my R is my daily...

wotbox or not, a money shift can happen either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.