GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wiper Arm Hits Bonnet

GTI-7-Performance

Ready to race!
Aye, it's crap. And where's the crank handle??

Vancity2Constantinople

2.Sloooo n loww
Car(s)
2010 Golf 2.5L Sport
Actually the reason why it's under the bonnet is because the wipers never stay the same fixed position when off. They do this so the life expectancy of the wiper blade is longer. Hence why it's hidden so you don't see the slight differences.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Actually the reason why it's under the bonnet is because the wipers never stay the same fixed position when off. They do this so the life expectancy of the wiper blade is longer. Hence why it's hidden so you don't see the slight differences.

I think the slightly different parking position of the blades for longevity has always been there on my last few models.

Almost certainly I believe this new 'hidden' design is to do with the new EU regs on bonnet design and heights (pedestrian safety) plus the never ending search for better aero dynamics/fuel/emissions.

Vancity2Constantinople

2.Sloooo n loww
Car(s)
2010 Golf 2.5L Sport
I think the slightly different parking position of the blades for longevity has always been there on my last few models.

Almost certainly I believe this new 'hidden' design is to do with the new EU regs on bonnet design and heights (pedestrian safety) plus the never ending search for better aero dynamics/fuel/emissions.

No doubt. There's so many little details on these cars it's amazing.

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
Omg it works, tried out last night on my mk6 gti. Can't believe after 3 1/2 years of ownership I didn't know and found something new out about my car, been holding wipers when clean underneath them when washing car.

Thanks guys