GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Window tints

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Hi guys, am researching window tints essentially looking at a very very light tint (20%) preferably slightly metallic the only brand I have seen that offers this is currently nanolux. Does anyone know where I can get a nanolux tint or any other company with a product similar to what I am looking for.

PS: numbers online for nanolux don't work/ no one ever picks up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
I went for vkool. All cars in the house have vkool on.

Nanolux and vkool are similar. Somewhat like toyota/lexus (vkool being lexus hehe)

Vkool has official outlets, nanolux not so much, too many players in the back of emarat petrol stations, al quoz, qusais etc.

I went with vkool signature series K28 (30%) on my front windows, and a double signature film on my rear windows (k28 30% and H20 40% blended together) . This is the most reflective film they have during the day, and really nice at night :D The glass can be almost opaque to extremely see through depending on the angle you look at it. Check these out, hope it helps :)

Looks almost see through

IMG_0359.JPG

Looks opaque

IMG_9358.JPG

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
Btw the dealers also tint your car for free so worth asking them to do it for you.. While it might not comparable to vkool/3m, it could buy you some time to settle on a good tinting deal. That's what I did. I got vkool on the other car and it's really good..

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
Btw the dealers also tint your car for free so worth asking them to do it for you.. While it might not comparable to vkool/3m, it could buy you some time to settle on a good tinting deal. That's what I did. I got vkool on the other car and it's really good..

When I bought mine they quoted me 1200 or 1600 for tint at Nabooda :/

Either way I knew vkool was the way to go as past history with the brand has been extremely good.

Melvin, who knows you might get lucky with the dealer, and their tints, although 30% are not that reflective, and are more blue/lighter

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!

They've offered to tint and polish the car, the tint they are offering is Onyx which is what Naboodah use. Are you happy with the tint?

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
It's alright so far. Can't complain about it. Then again, my car's always parked in the shade anyway. I'm quite certain it cannot compare to vkool though. Why not try what naboodah has to offer and if you're not happy with it, change it later on.

Amelcita

The best tint for my limestone grey GTI

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and recently got my limestone GTI. Al Nabooda didn't offer me to tint my glass... I heard from a collegue that 3M is the best quality product. In the web, people talk about 3M and VCOOL... What's the best quality and what would be the best tint for the limestone color... I'm just afraid of this color with the windows tint...
Also I'm not only looking for the tint however I would like to have a heat reflector and protective film to protect the inner components and leather...

Thanks in advance...

MELVIN ANDREWS

Ready to race!
Congrats on the new car. Good choice of color, so I've done a lot of research on tints and finally decided on using Armalon from tint and sun. Costs around 850 and gives up to 63% heat protection, you can find them on Facebook. Alternatively Vcool has great reviews!!!!

Tint color is a very personal choice, I originally wanted a silver film but now I've decided on a 20% black

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
I wouldn't suggest 3m to even my enemies, but thats just me. 3m offers the least amount of heat rejection from my research and from what others have told me. Especially with our cars, the interior gets pretty hot as is! And their prices are very inconsistent, ive been quoted anything from 800 to 2000 for the same damn tint. Another gripe I have is that 3m leaves their watermark all over the film, which then is applied to your car. All you see on your windows is the damn 3m logos. Many friends of mine have removed their 3m films and gone with either:
Vkool, Zeibart,Sungard or Suntek. Look at these or what Melvin suggested.

Whatever you do, do not fall for the clear tint nonsense. We applied the clear film to one of our cars for AED 5000 and it is no different to the regular film that costs 1,100. In fact the regular one seemed a little better. I think a little darkness helps a lot.

Vkool is AED 1050 for the signature series (which I have in the picture above)

K28 offeres 56% heat rejection while H20 offers 63% as its a little bit darker.
Both are within limits when it comes to darkness.

Good luck :D

Last edited: