GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wilwood BBK: Any Good?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Now, 2811 but I ran this brake setup when I was full weight too.

Glad it works for you, but if I'm spending money on a full track build, I would go 355 x 32. I can't imagine anyone could argue that it won't handle more heat. I'm pretty sure you have real brake ducting too?

I've got $600 tied up in my Macan setup, after selling the PP fronts, and it's working well with 345 x 30 mk6 R rotors. This car is years from being a full track car, so I still don't push it too hard. I'll be at Daytona Friday, but looks like showers, so meh, won't be too much of a test, but I've run FIRM twice with this setup and had no fade. My non-pp 18 would fade after 3 laps and start melting things.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Glad it works for you, but if I'm spending money on a full track build, I would go 355 x 32. I can't imagine anyone could argue that it won't handle more heat. I'm pretty sure you have real brake ducting too?

I've got $600 tied up in my Macan setup, after selling the PP fronts, and it's working well with 345 x 30 mk6 R rotors. This car is years from being a full track car, so I still don't push it too hard. I'll be at Daytona Friday, but looks like showers, so meh, won't be too much of a test, but I've run FIRM twice with this setup and had no fade. My non-pp 18 would fade after 3 laps and start melting things.
The benefits of using a 17" wheel significantly outweigh a bigger rotor for me. Even before I had ducting the temps were fairly in line with industry norms. Guess it's a little subjective to how sticky of a tire you're using too.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The benefits of using a 17" wheel significantly outweigh a bigger rotor for me. Even before I had ducting the temps were fairly in line with industry norms. Guess it's a little subjective to how sticky of a tire you're using too.

Right now, I'm on 200tw. I doubt my Macan setup will like 100tw or less. I live on Satan's ball sack, so I'm having to back off due to oil and coolant temps before brakes are fading at this point. Time for larger radiator and oil cooler for me.