GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Will OBDEleven tweaks interfere with APR Stage 1 tune?

jackalope

Ready to race!
I have a 2017 Alltrack with some tweaks applied, the one that gets rid of "vibration reduction" on the DSG and the one that makes throttle response linear. I also have some others like the air conditioning compressor tweak.

I'm planning to get an APR Stage 1 93 octane tune. I asked APR if these will interfere and they said they don't know because they didn't test. Does anyone have experience with transmission and throttle tweaks and a tune?

And no, I can't just remove them. I threw away my ODBEleven when I got tired of it working 5% of the time.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
You will be fine. I have have APR Stage 1 and APR IS20 and plenty of OBD11 tweaks. No issues.

My OBD11 works 100% of the time though. :(

I have a 2017 Alltrack with some tweaks applied, the one that gets rid of "vibration reduction" on the DSG and the one that makes throttle response linear. I also have some others like the air conditioning compressor tweak.

I'm planning to get an APR Stage 1 93 octane tune. I asked APR if these will interfere and they said they don't know because they didn't test. Does anyone have experience with transmission and throttle tweaks and a tune?

And no, I can't just remove them. I threw away my ODBEleven when I got tired of it working 5% of the time.

jackalope

Ready to race!
How about Unitronic? They say that their tune reduces throttle lag... Is it doing something different from the VCDS/OBD11 tweak?

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
From what I understand, OBD11 and other such tools don't interact with the same modules the flash tunes do. I'm pretty sure this is true because I got my ecu reflashed recently and all my OBD11 settings stayed. I'd imagine its the same with Unitronic.

How about Unitronic? They say that their tune reduces throttle lag... Is it doing something different from the VCDS/OBD11 tweak?

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
They don’t interfere at all, different modules.