GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why positive reviews of the R are important to all R owners

CarlsbadMKVI

Passed Driver's Ed
I doubt there's a single VW model that rates in the top 3 within it's segment for resale value. Really, I don't think most are buying VWs b/c of their Toyota-like resale value. I bought one b/c I love to drive small, agile cars that handle well, are well engineered, and offer manual transmissions. I'm very interested in the R for that very reason, but I wouldn't doubt for a second if Rs end up sitting in showrooms for months at a time. Again, the market for $40k compact performance hatchbacks is a niche market here in the US. Sad, but true. Until the Focus RS comes out, the R is all we got! To me, that translates to "limited demand". We'll see I suppose, but I still say.. Just drive it and enjoy the ride... If you want to retain value in your car, buy an Audi/Toyota/Honda/Lexus...

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
The MkVI Golf R was no where near as raved about in numerous Car publications, paper and online, as well as many review videos in multiple countries to the point that this one has been. Thus I believe it will hold its value better.