GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why does nothing ever go my way...

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
It's a person that does the install for me. He does work on most of the modded cars in the valley. He actually did a lot of work on other GTI's in the valley, and on my old GTI and I never had a problem.

Don't pay a dealer. Just take it to a indie shop and get it don't properly. Or have an indie shop look at it

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
Don't pay a dealer. Just take it to a indie shop and get it don't properly. Or have an indie shop look at it

The dealer told me that they will take $120 to look at it and if it is covered under warranty then they it's free. The reason being is because it is VWR springs that they cover, so hopefully I get lucky

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE
The dealer told me that they will take $120 to look at it and if it is covered under warranty then they it's free. The reason being is because it is VWR springs that they cover, so hopefully I get lucky

For $120 yu can have a indie shop redo that left section. But either way good luck

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
Not to beat a dead horse but nothing is working. I went to the dealership and they said the sound was normal which is BS. I went to an Indie shop and obviously I could not replicate the noise.

The sound is getting worse and worse, I even replaced the strut bearing which did not help. I will attach a youtube video which actually replicates the noise pretty well. The only thing is that you have to put your volume up pretty loudly to get a good hear for it.

Another thing I noticed which is weird is that you can only hear it from the inside, not the outside. I had my brother turn the wheel and I stood outside and put my ear next to the suspension and could not hear a thing.

It almost sounds like the spring is turning and isn't locked in properly if that makes sense.

https://youtu.be/QP14Io89AJ4?t=15s

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
Car(s)
981 Cayman & GTI SE

its kind of hard to hear but i think i heard it. check to see if the cv joint isnt rubbing when turning. a lot of mk6's did that. you can also try jacking the car up and gripping the spring and try rotating it clock wise to see if it slots into place....

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I was going to suggest installing the original springs and see if you still hear it, I know is a lot of work but at this point is just guessing.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
its kind of hard to hear but i think i heard it. check to see if the cv joint isnt rubbing when turning. a lot of mk6's did that. you can also try jacking the car up and gripping the spring and try rotating it clock wise to see if it slots into place....

Cool I'll definately try that.

DUSlider

Ready to race!
Car(s)
16' GTI SE/PP
You installed the strut mounts in the correct direction, right? Arrows facing front/rear of vehicle.

Also, VWR (Volkswagen Racing) springs ARE NOT a VW product, nor warranted by Volkswagen. Volkswagen Racing is a different company entirely and not related in anyway to Volkswagen the car company.

iPanir123

Go Kart Champion
You installed the strut mounts in the correct direction, right? Arrows facing front/rear of vehicle.

Also, VWR (Volkswagen Racing) springs ARE NOT a VW product, nor warranted by Volkswagen. Volkswagen Racing is a different company entirely and not related in anyway to Volkswagen the car company.

Yeah I was double checking to make sure it's facing the correct way. I double checked all Bolts and they are tight. I replaced the strut bearing and it's still doing this. I have NO idea what it could be :/

Kaleb

Passed Driver's Ed
I think your top, main strut nut isn't tight enough. The one at the top of the strut shaft. I would have a shop with the correct tools check that for you.

Bakili

Ready to race!
Hi
I have similar issue with Eibach pro springs. Got them installed last week (7 days now) I get very minor squeaking noise from front passenger side. I can describe noise more like spring squeak. Its very minor and can be noticed when radio off. If driven over big pat holes its fine but when driving slowly over uneven roads its there. Driving me crazy. I am not sure if it was there before as I started paying attention after spring replacement.
Also when car parked up, if I rock it, it can be heard depends what position its parked. E.x it can be always heard on my drive, its more quite at work car park. Today car was jacked up (both rear wheels) for pads replacement, and doest matter how much I rock it, no noise.
Took car to few different tyre and suspension places and all telling me nothing wrong, all seems to be tight as suppose to be.
I am very concerned as I will be taking car on 3000 mile road trip.

Last edited: