GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why are my posts about a scammer being deleted?

CessnaFlyer

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI, C30
Spamming the board by making sure other know? Tangable evidence? why don't you just ask a bunch of the other members who have the same interaction with him. There was another threat about him that got deleted as well -- which is sketchy. So instead of deleting all my posts why not comment asking for evidence? So instead they all get deleted that way nobody has a heads up about him. Makes sense.

CessnaFlyer

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI, C30
I figured it was a good idea to post about him in the for sale section since that's where he's spamming people and PMing them. The best chance for people to see it. But obviously people getting scammed is not high on the site owners list of things to care about

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
There's almost 130k members on here....you think I'm going to just ask everyone? Good lord kid.

Any proof at all would help. Your interactions, details how you got scammed. Your posts had absolutely nothing worthy, hence why they were deleted.

CessnaFlyer

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI, C30
So delete my post instead of guiding it. Makes sense. And no I don't expect somebody to ask all 130,000 members -- but considering I've talked to other people who almost scammed by him and I already had replies on one of my posts about it. I wasn't being literal. And I tried giving all the information and a message to the site owners. I never heard back so obviously they didn't care. But then when I make a post it just gets deleted "for not enough information" instead of just being like "oh can you post some proof please". all of that is a little fishy considering other posts about the same member have been deleted.

I'm not the only one on here hes scammed

He PMed me (like he does everyone else) telling you he has what you need. He refuses to accept PayPal goods and services and only Friends and Family. Want you to send the funds to a Russian account. Tells you he's in Iowa and is a truck driver. keeps you on the hook for about a week and then just disappears with the money. Personally I took a chance to see what would come of it.

CessnaFlyer

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI, C30
So dramatic...
It's the truth. Dramatic or not. Running a forum required some policing. Not just deleting comments and posts. I also run a forum, and personally I do not want my members getting scammed. So I do my best to take action when that happens -- I don't want other losing their hard earned money -- their fault or not. I'm not comfortable with scammers on my forum

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Sorry, I don't have time to hold everyone's hand. Not who who you sent the info to that wasn't replied but it wasn't me. If you want to post tangible information it would be taken seriously, but your repeated posts were nothing more than wild accusations with no useful information. If you ran another forum I'd expect you to understand that.

Petexcore

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Sorry, I don't have time to hold everyone's hand. Not who who you sent the info to that wasn't replied but it wasn't me. If you want to post tangible information it would be taken seriously, but your repeated posts were nothing more than wild accusations with no useful information. If you ran another forum I'd expect you to understand that.
I just dealt with this guy, but I didn't go so far as sending money. what can I provide?

CessnaFlyer

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI, C30
I do understand that. If you don't have time then you shouldn't be moderating. Since you moderate a foum I'd expect you to understand that. But you seem to have time to argue instead of just telling me what to provide -- like I've stated.

Petexcore

Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Reasons it sounded shady, maybe the interaction that gave you this impression.

I can't read minds guys lol
we can't either, which is why I asked what you would want to see lol. I'm at work, but I can show you our text conversation when I'm off