GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who bought my 2017 Golf R from Huston Chev in Florida?

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
I didn’t buy it, but out of curiosity what happened ?

Someone PMd me and said he thought he purchased my 2017 R. I could not reply to the message so I thought I would post the question on here hoping that he would see it and get in touch with me.

I traded it for a new 2017 C7 Z-51 Corvette. Now I miss the R......had both APR ECU & Transmission tunes also.

tknj99

Ready to race!
Someone PMd me and said he thought he purchased my 2017 R. I could not reply to the message so I thought I would post the question on here hoping that he would see it and get in touch with me.

I traded it for a new 2017 C7 Z-51 Corvette. Now I miss the R......had both APR ECU & Transmission tunes also.

Interesting that you miss the R.. does it feel faster or more fun that the new Corvette?

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
Interesting that you miss the R.. does it feel faster or more fun that the new Corvette?

The R always had surprises in store for those who wished to out run it. I debaged it and it looked like any old Golf.

It couldn't take corners like the Z-51 Corvette though.

I've finally touched base with it's new owner and will be giving him the window sticker and grille badge.

My vette only gets 21 mpg overall while the R got 26.

Last edited:

nate704

Go Kart Champion
The R always had surprises in store for those who wished to out run it. I debased it and it looked like any old Golf.

It couldn't take corners like the Z-51 Corvette though.

I've finally touched base with it's new owner and will be giving him the window sticker and grille badge.

My vette only gets 21 mpg overall while the R got 26.

Interesting. I wonder if both cars have same tires, awd has advantage over the rwd?? vett is heavier and both cars would understeer at the beginning.
Also, vett cannot take corners like R when its not sunny outside or not so perfect road conditions.
I'm just curious.