GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Whistling Sound From Engine Bay

MrePowrBayba

Car(s)
2018 Golf GTI
Hi all,
My 2018 GTI started to slightly whistle today and it appears to come from the engine bay when sitting in the drivers seat.
It only whistles when the car is moving, even on an idle roll and doesn’t change intensity if I apply more power.
Couldn’t find any fluid leaks in the engine bay or any obvious leaks in the intake line and I obviously can’t examine it while it’s moving.

Any ideas on where it could be coming from or how I could try to find the leak whilst parked?

Cheers,

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG
I know this is likely not your issue but I will throw it out there in case it may be it...On my old '16 GTI, the side mirror cap on the passenger side didn't sit flush and had a bit of room between the housing and the cap. With a bit more speed or wind, it made it whistle.

MrePowrBayba

Car(s)
2018 Golf GTI
I know this is likely not your issue but I will throw it out there in case it may be it...On my old '16 GTI, the side mirror cap on the passenger side didn't sit flush and had a bit of room between the housing and the cap. With a bit more speed or wind, it made it whistle.

Doesn’t seem like anything like that,
I’ve realised it whistles at a stop for a couple seconds and then stops until the car starts moving again