Which way?

• APR

Votes: 27 90.0%
  • JB4

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
WHY can't some leave the GTI as it came from Volkswagen and be satisfied.
. Not have to worry about warranty . Drive more worry less, street cars are NOT race cars.

I wanted the a CSS just like it came from VW. They wouldn't give it to me.

VW knew how to make a good handling car. They chose not to. Not my fault.

And get off my lawn.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
. Not have to worry about warranty . Drive more worry less, street cars are NOT race cars.
Well, hate to break it to ya, but most GTI owners never touch the car. Of course these forums are mostly for people who want to increase performance beyond stock. My GTI does is great fun on the street and the track, who are you to tell anyone what their car is for?

Mr.BearCop

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 SE GTI
These cars breed motorist enthusiast communities. Tell VW to stop manufacturing cars with leaving so much on the table to modify.

Mr.BearCop

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 SE GTI
They are soon by going electric.
4 cylinder with hybrid electric motor for the V8's then yup, you are right full electric eventually. What a crying shame. Carroll Shelby rolling in his grave.

Last edited:

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Hmm the poll is still really close 🤔

1634422509620.png

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
When you moved into your house, did you change anything, or leave it as the builder intended?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
When you moved into your house, did you change anything, or leave it as the builder intended?
My house is built in 1872, and I live in it the way the original BUILDERS intended. We have an icebox closet in the basement and get daily ice delivery, we only heat the house with wood fire downstairs and hot water bottles in our bed and it is drafty as a motherfucker. Considering getting some of those new edison bulbs so we can do more things after dark.

- Written by a constitution originalist.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Having owned 2 GTIs that I put over 100K stock miles on, and then tuning my 3rd GTI... you are missing out on the true capabilities of the platform when you stay stock. I’ll never drive a stock tuned car again, unless it’s a 50, 60K+ performance car.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Having owned 2 GTIs that I put over 100K stock miles on, and then tuning my 3rd GTI... you are missing out on the true capabilities of the platform when you stay stock. I’ll never drive a stock tuned car again, unless it’s a 50, 60K+ performance car.
But only if you’re on better tires 😆. Even on upgraded Michelin all seasons, my tires break free in second gear when the weather is cooler…. On the stock tune.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
But only if you’re on better tires 😆. Even on upgraded Michelin all seasons, my tires break free in second gear when the weather is cooler…. On the stock tune.
FWD physics is a bitch.