GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which SD Card

sam1014

Hi guys. Ordered a stunning red Mk7 Golf GTI which should be coming to us some time in September, and was wondering what would be the best type of SD Card to get? I don't want to get one and its too slow and laggy so wondering if you guys could recommend some. I presume it's the standard size SD card.

Thanks in advance :D

sam

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys. Ordered a stunning red Mk7 Golf GTI which should be coming to us some time in September, and was wondering what would be the best type of SD Card to get? I don't want to get one and its too slow and laggy so wondering if you guys could recommend some. I presume it's the standard size SD card.

Thanks in advance :D

sam

The cards have a write to speed, and seperated into class, the higher the class the faster the write to speed, which will have more of an effect for video than audio.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
As they are now as cheap as chips I always use 32gb class10 Sandisk Ultra cards and never had any problems with them.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
This is just used for audio data, and probably compressed audio data at that, so in all honesty you won't notice the difference in performance between a 130MB/s card and a 30MB/s one. The biggest lag will be caused by the crappy processor in the system's computer. A full speed audio stream is 140 KB/s .. way way below the capability of even the cheapest SD card on the planet.

CdnX

Ready to race!
Man I feel like a luddite. So you're loading all your music on an SD to play in the car? Can you set up play lists and organize your music on the car and then access it via playlist rom the cars systems??

I don't use playlists, as such, but an SD card could easily be set up with playlists. It's easy to put music on to a card - just copy album folders over. The system will play most formats of digital music. Album art can be a bit tricky, but loads of help on here for that. Do a search. You can access artist folders, albums, playlists and tracks directly from the screen. For me, it's the best way to carry and play music in the car - cheap, inconspicuous and very convenient. :)

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I don't use playlists, as such, but an SD card could easily be set up with playlists. It's easy to put music on to a card - just copy album folders over. The system will play most formats of digital music. Album art can be a bit tricky, but loads of help on here for that. Do a search. You can access artist folders, albums, playlists and tracks directly from the screen. For me, it's the best way to carry and play music in the car - cheap, inconspicuous and very convenient. :)

Are you suggesting you can filter the tracks, mine is only (or appears to be) only selectable in a sequence of artist then album then track.

Are you suggesting you can filter the tracks, mine is only (or appears to be) only selectable in a sequence of artist then album then track.

No, I didn't mean to suggest that. My understanding is the same as yours. Any playlists would have to be set up in separate folders, loaded with duplicate tracks.

sam1014

Thanks for the replies. I'l most likely go for a Sandisk too as i've used them in the past.
Does anyone one know whether a 64gb sd would be compatible?

sam1014

Also, would you be able to play all track on shuffle? Or can you only select folder/albums? Sometimes i like to listen to certain albums or playlist and sometimes i like to listen to my whole music collection on random. I'm currently using an iPod nan in my car, so i'm used to using it that way.

Also, would you be able to play all track on shuffle? Or can you only select folder/albums? Sometimes i like to listen to certain albums or playlist and sometimes i like to listen to my whole music collection on random. I'm currently using an iPod nan in my car, so i'm used to using it that way.

Yes. Just go to the folder that contains all your music, or the card, if you haven't added a "music" folder, and tap the shuffle symbol. On mine it works as you would expect, but doesn't always stay selected after ignition off.

juan.martin

I just loaded sdcard with just mp3 files and whwn I load the card tells me unable to load or read. I formatted card before loading wirh music.
[emoji27] And didn't have my glasses on and loaded sdcard in cd slot, guess what!! I had to fish darned card out with two small Allen wrenches, me idiota

Last edited: