GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When parking....

dougcee

Ready to race!
do you just pull nose first into your spot, driveway, etc., or are you one of those individuals who backs into his or her parking spot? Seems like nose first is preferred by most but quite a few seem to go the other way.
How about you and why? :)

Dagobah

Ready to race!
I normally back into a parking spot as its easier to drive out afterwards when you have better vision.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Reverse in most the time as the dash cam captures everything in parking mode. If I need to put anything in the boot then nose in. I notice at work I am the only one that reverses in to the spot and watch everyone trying to reverse out at the same time.:D

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
I'm reversing to the parking place while the car is still in working temperature. I don't want to add stress to the car when it's cold by reversing/maneuvering. Complete OCD here:eek:

L3nnox

Ready to race!
Reverse in most times, especially if I am just back from the shopping, therefore, the wife of course ALWAYS reverses in! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Always reverse in, there is still room to open the tailgate if you park when the bleeps become constant, as Filonga says the dashcam will pick up stuff from the front whilst shopping.
I've read too many episodes of incidents when reversing out of a parking spot.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Wow, it seems like the backers have a landslide here. I'm a nose first guy, but maybe I'd better rethink this! :)

I see you are stateside, as I understand, they promote front 1st so that the registration plate can easily be observed when parked (as I have come to learn front plates are not mandotary in some parts) .

Here on other forums, we see posts from people reversing out ending up in an accident and then whine when they more often than not get liability against them.

burso

Ready to race!
do you just pull nose first into your spot, driveway, etc., or are you one of those individuals who backs into his or her parking spot? Seems like nose first is preferred by most but quite a few seem to go the other way.
How about you and why? :)

Nose first when shopping to maintain access to the boot as there is no other way :D Always reverse when parking at work and at home. Perhaps you could add a poll to this thread to make it clearer to see the numbers.

Plastic

Passed Driver's Ed
I normally back into a parking spot as its easier to drive out afterwards when you have better vision.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Always reverse for the reasons above, plus I actually find it easier now than going in nose-first, guess cause I've had so much practice :)

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Never backed into my spot on my previous cars, but they didn't have backup cams. So now I back in.

farcyde11gti

Ready to race!
Either. The rule around here is if you are reversing from a parking spot once you have a wheel out you have right-of-way. Not everyone follows the rules of course so backing in if no traffic might avoid some hurt feelings.

Resolute Blue

Passed Driver's Ed
Usually park nose first when it's a larger lot otherwise I'll take the time to back in to have easier exit.