GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel markings

1L19

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
I've just completed purchase of a 2017 GTI SE and I'm pretty clueless. While looking at wheels and tires I discovered that I needed the wheel marking value in order to determine certain wheel specs for my specific car. Is the only way to discover the wheel marking value by pulling the wheel off and looking on the inside of the rim? Also should I expect the front and rear wheels to share the same wheel marking value?

Thank you very much for any help or insight.

wheel markings.jpg

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Put up a picture of your wheels and someone will let you know what they are. You probably have Austins which should be 49 offset

1L19

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Is this close enough? If not I'll jump down to the garage and take a close up. Thank you very much Rafiki76!

7.jpg

JS82

Passed Driver's Ed
Those look like Austins painted in black:

Size x width 18x7.5
Bolt pattern 5x112
Offset ET49
Center bore 57.1

1L19

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVII GTI
Those look like Austins painted in black:

Size x width 18x7.5
Bolt pattern 5x112
Offset ET49
Center bore 57.1
Thank you very much for the information! Just a question, in that chart I posted there is only one entry which has 18x7.5 and says the offset is ET51. I snapped it from this wheel sizing site. Now I freely admit I have no clue what "offset" means.. yet... but I'm wondering at the difference.

Thank you again I very much appreciate it.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Thank you very much for the information! Just a question, in that chart I posted there is only one entry which has 18x7.5 and says the offset is ET51. I snapped it from this wheel sizing site. Now I freely admit I have no clue what "offset" means.. yet... but I'm wondering at the difference.

Thank you again I very much appreciate it.
Offset is how far the face of the wheel sticks out or how far it's sunken in

https://www.willtheyfit.com/

Check out that site. Plug in your current wheels and the ones you want and calculate. The diagram will show you the difference. Play with crazy offset numbers too so you can grasp what the difference really looks like. I barely understand the stuff myself.