GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel Fitment - OZ Alleggerita 18x8 ET35 @GOLF GTI MK7

sandrozalla

Hello Everbody!!
How are you guys?

I have a question and Id like a help on this topic.
I drive a VW GOLF GTI 2015 mk7 with VWR lowering springs and bought the OZ wheels, Alleggerita 18x8 but ET 35 (tires: 225/40).

So, my question is: If I'll gonna be any issues on it ?
Note: I have an option to adjust this ET from 35 to 40~41.

Any guys have issues on this ET adjusment ?
I appreciate if any guy can send me the pics with this wheels on the car and tell me whats your offset using !!!

Really tks and I really appreciate your feedback and help me :) !!!!
Best regards for all ....

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Screw mod the front fenders. You should be fine until your stock dampers start taking a shit.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
He means that with the springs and stock dampers, your ride quality may get worse sooner than later.
The idea is that with aftermarket lowering springs and stock shocks, your shocks will get destroyed faster since they are operating in a rage they are not really designed for.
This is true, but i don't think it it so bad with the VWR springs as they are a pretty mild drop.
I would not worry too much about it.
18x8 et40 should be no problem, but as already mentioned you may need to take out the screw in the front fender to avoid potential rubbing if you go for the et35.

Not my car, but this is 18x8 et48 on VWR springs...

Below is an 18x8 et45 with a 10mm spacer which effectively makes it an et35...

(not lowered)

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
I run 18x8 ET45 with 225/40 tires (stock size) and 15mm spacers with stock height. This gives a net offset of 30mm and a flush look and I have no problems. How much did the springs lower the car? Are the edge of the tires flush with the wheel arch and how much above it? With stock size tires it appears that you should be okay.

sandrozalla

I run 18x8 ET45 with 225/40 tires (stock size) and 15mm spacers with stock height. This gives a net offset of 30mm and a flush look and I have no problems. How much did the springs lower the car? Are the edge of the tires flush with the wheel arch and how much above it? With stock size tires it appears that you should be okay.

hello my friend , do you have the pics of your car to send me , just to take a look !!!
Really tks and I appreciate that ....

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
currently I am running winter set up, that is stock 18x7.5 et 49 with 15mm spacers and stock size tires on the front so will be somewhat different. Can't install summers due to current temperatures not good for tires. Do you want to see current set up? Slightly inboard on front.

sandrozalla

currently I am running winter set up, that is stock 18x7.5 et 49 with 15mm spacers and stock size tires on the front so will be somewhat different. Can't install summers due to current temperatures not good for tires. Do you want to see current set up? Slightly inboard on front.
Yes , for sure !
Only to see , your current setup should be give me an idea !!!
Really tks and best regards !!!

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
I run 18x8 et48 Alleggerita's for my summer setup with 10mm spacers in the front and 12.5mm in the rear on VW DG springs. I get the occasional rub on huge dips but otherwise it is fine
20190713_165453.jpg
20190713_163103.jpg
20190316_143227.jpg

OldVWFan

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Here are the winter setup. I run the 15mm spacers in front and 20mm spacers at the rear with either the 18x7.5 et49 or the Neuspeed RS Forged 18x8 et45. Have close ups of the front right if it would help.

Attachments

• P1050637.JPG
    P1050637.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 392
  • P1050638.JPG
    P1050638.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 281
  • P1050639.JPG
    P1050639.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 300

sandrozalla

He means that with the springs and stock dampers, your ride quality may get worse sooner than later.
The idea is that with aftermarket lowering springs and stock shocks, your shocks will get destroyed faster since they are operating in a rage they are not really designed for.
This is true, but i don't think it it so bad with the VWR springs as they are a pretty mild drop.
I would not worry too much about it.
18x8 et40 should be no problem, but as already mentioned you may need to take out the screw in the front fender to avoid potential rubbing if you go for the et35.

Not my car, but this is 18x8 et48 on VWR springs...

Below is an 18x8 et45 with a 10mm spacer which effectively makes it an et35...

(not lowered)
Hello my friend, really tks for your feedback and help me!!!
I agree with you regarding the VWR springs , for me they have a high quality and very good brand around the world . It shoud be no issues for dampers!!!

So, regarding the white golf mk7,5 pics (18x8 et45 with a 10mm spacer which effectively makes it an et35...).
there is a spacer 10mm at front and rear with tires 225/40 ? because at the front it showed us the wheel is into the fender even we have et35, it should be strange !!!

Really tks and I appreciate your feedback !!!

sandrozalla

I run 18x8 et48 Alleggerita's for my summer setup with 10mm spacers in the front and 12.5mm in the rear on VW DG springs. I get the occasional rub on huge dips but otherwise it is fineView attachment 163839View attachment 163840View attachment 163841
Hi my friend, really tks for the pics, it help me a lot !!!
This setup is for summer , right , the tires is 235/40 r18 ?
Question is: the front fenders for golf gti 7.5 has the same size for golf gti mk7? or 7.5 is more wide ?
Have you take out the screw mod ?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Hi my friend, really tks for the pics, it help me a lot !!!
This setup is for summer , right , the tires is 235/40 r18 ?
Question is: the front fenders for golf gti 7.5 has the same size for golf gti mk7? or 7.5 is more wide ?
Have you take out the screw mod ?
Yes this is my summer setup and the tires are 235/40/18. The 7.5 Golf/GTI has different fenders to accommodate the differently shaped headlights but I don't think they are any wider than on the MK7. I have not taken out the fender screws on my car.

Last edited:

sandrozalla

Hello Friends !!!
How are you guys ??

Anybody here already did the offset adjustment (removing 6mm of the wheel hub), it should be possible?
Have possibility to do it ?
Because my wheels has ET35 and then I'd like to make ET 40~41 at least .

Really tks and I appreciate your feedback .