GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's the take on best dampers to replace stock DCC with stock springs

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Do you want to maintain DCC functionality? Bilstein B4 damptronic or Bilstein B6 damptronic with stock springs. If you don't care to maintain DCC functionality there are too many options to cover.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
My car has never been out of sport mode. I’m not keen on purchasing a “delete kit” or whatever that is.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
Ditto, at least without passengers, LOL. Personally, I like the DCC option a lot, and will definitely keep it if/when I ever need to replace the stock struts/shocks. I know some believe that lowering springs are incompatible with stock height struts/shocks, but I have VWR springs installed with mine and they've been fine for me. I definitely prefer a sporty ride, but I'm also old enough not to want a harsh ride, or a lot of additional NVH. I trimmed the stock bump stops to maintain as much travel as possible, and did the DCC reset after installing the VWR springs. It works well for me. If you want more than the standard 25 to 30mm or so of lowering, the Bilstein B16 coilover damptronic kit would probably be the way to go though.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
If you're not purchasing a delete kit but want to keep DCC (even if you only run in sport mode) then your only real options if keeping stock springs are stock dampers, B4 damptronics or B6 damptronics.

It is technically possible to code out DCC, there are threads about that here and elsewhere. Pull the fuse, code Gateway, ABS module, possibly headlight module if you have lighting package, etc. If you want to go the "coding out" route and/or don't care about errors you can install anything you want.

KW has DDC (adaptive) Coilovers and Bilstein has B16 Damptronics (also coilovers), both on the more performance oriented end of the spectrum.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
If you're not purchasing a delete kit but want to keep DCC (even if you only run in sport mode) then your only real options if keeping stock springs are stock dampers, B4 damptronics or B6 damptronics.

It is technically possible to code out DCC, there are threads about that here and elsewhere. Pull the fuse, code Gateway, ABS module, possibly headlight module if you have lighting package, etc. If you want to go the "coding out" route and/or don't care about errors you can install anything you want.

KW has DDC (adaptive) Coilovers and Bilstein has B16 Damptronics (also coilovers), both on the more performance oriented end of the spectrum.
I thought so. The B6 Damptronics are a pretty penny for just struts...