GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's the difference between “Driver Profile Selection” and DCC?

DougL

Passed Driver's Ed
I can't help wondering if there will be a Mk7 Golf Match in due course - in Mk6 guise the Match was a huge seller.

Oh yes, the SE will morph into the Match half way through this model's life cycle in order to boost sales!

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Be interesting to see what they will add to any MK7 Match as the SE is pretty well specced now

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I can see the SE getting parking sensors and maybe Discover satnav to become the Match, or maybe reversing camera or keyless entry.

There again, the current SE is pretty much as good as the Match - the only thing I won't have in my forthcoming SE is the parking sensors.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
For the Match mk.6 they added all round parking sensors, MFSW, Armrest, Bluetooth connection, RCD 510 multi-CD player, MDI interface and cruise control to the existing SE spec.

When I ordered one I still needed to add 17" wheels, folding mirrors and fog lights - not sure how much of this is standard on the Mk.7 SE?

As for DCC - I have it on my Scirocco and cannot tell the diffence between any of the different settings. No way would I pay a penny for this 'extra'!

DW58

Go Kart Champion
The Mk7 SE has almost everything that was on the Mk6 Match except the parking sensors, and has some things which it doesn't.

I'd have liked the reversing camera on my SE and the plan had been to have it instead of the highly irritating audio sensors until Volkswagen decided that the UK customers should go without cameras if they ordered between 1st July and late October of this year.

mcmaddy

Ready to race!
For the Match mk.6 they added all round parking sensors, MFSW, Armrest, Bluetooth connection, RCD 510 multi-CD player, MDI interface and cruise control to the existing SE spec.

When I ordered one I still needed to add 17" wheels, folding mirrors and fog lights - not sure how much of this is standard on the Mk.7 SE?

As for DCC - I have it on my Scirocco and cannot tell the diffence between any of the different settings. No way would I pay a penny for this 'extra'!
dcc in the mk7 golf is version 2 so you can't compare the two systems. version 2 does all 4 wheels at the same time where version 1 only did same axle. its fantastic on my gtd.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
I've owned 7 GTI's/R32, but never a brand new one.

It was amazing being able to spec the car from scratch.

Can't wait!

I was similar until I ordered my MK5 GTI
although the options then were more expensive than they are now.

I've ordered...

GTI DSG 5r
Deep pearl black
Performance Pack
Dynaudio soundpack
DCC
Winter pack

Options are a personal thing, but choice is the motive, with the MK7 it's near impossible not to have a few bits n bobs.
I had 3dr
Oryx White
DSG
PP
Dynadio
Climate screen
Telephone connection
Keyless
Sunroof
DNS
Voice control
Reverse camera (which was omitted)

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
its fantastic on my gtd.
Sincerely - I am glad you like it - its a very expensive option. I remain indifferent with the Mk.1 version of the system - but on the Scirocco GT it was standard fit so I don't feel too put out! :)

Golf3

I think I'm the only one on the forum to order a S model (lame I know) , but the SE wasn't working out with my budget unfortunately. Now I'm pretty disappointed to read that I won't be able to select driver profiles on the Golf S :(. Well I hope I can enjoy the Golf even without that feature. Expecting delivery very soon!

Thanks

Luddite

Ready to race!
I think I'm the only one on the forum to order a S model (lame I know) , but the SE wasn't working out with my budget unfortunately. Now I'm pretty disappointed to read that I won't be able to select driver profiles on the Golf S :(. Well I hope I can enjoy the Golf even without that feature. Expecting delivery very soon!

Thanks

I'm sure you'll enjoy it just fine. You'll effectively be in 'normal' setting, which to be frank is all you'll need. Other than a few trinkets you'll manage without you'll be driving the same superb vehicle as everyone else.
:)

burso

Ready to race!
I agree with luddite. For me Normal works out to be the best mode. Sport keeps the revs high, therefore is less economical and much noisier. Eco on the other hand feels too lazy and is less responsive in comparison to Normal. Therefore I stick to Normal. A GOLF is a GOLF regardless which trim you have.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Me too - hardly been out of normal so far, probably will use it most of the time.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Put it this way, those of us with manual Mk6 Golfs had just that and still had great fun, and those with DSG simply had Drive and Sport.