GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What would you do?

Infieldfly32

Hi everyone,
I joined this forum in anticipation of picking up my 2017 golf Wolfsburg m/t on Thursday. Tonight a competing dealer called with an offer that has me thinking. Basically they have no Wolfsburg's but offered me a 2017 GLI for the exact same lease payment as the Golf. All parameters of the lease are the same, money due at signing, mileage per year and monthly payment. Am I crazy for not taking the GLI or is the Golf that much better? The msrp of the GLI is so much more. Confused.

Fanis1

Ready to race!
The only reason I would pick the GLI is if I preferred the looks or needed the extra trunk space. Otherwise, the Golf is better in any other way.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
How is a Golf better in every other way than a GLI?

Get the GLI...

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The only reason I would pick the GLI is if I preferred the looks or needed the extra trunk space. Otherwise, the Golf is better in any other way.

The golf 1.8T 5MT is the basic golf, and the GLI 2.0t 6MT is the loaded Jetta...kinda apples to oranges.

The face lifted GLI has club sport/ Mk7.5 gti styled front bumper and basically the same Gen 3 2.0TSI as the gti. Clear winner IMO

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I kinda wish I had a facelifted GLI, but at the time I purchased my mk7 I had already owned three mk6 and was ready for something totally new to me

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I kinda wish I had a facelifted GLI, but at the time I purchased my mk7 I had already owned three mk6 and was ready for something totally new to me

Nah man the GLI is truly less car for the money. It’ll be different when the new Jetta comes out on the MQB. But the MK6 Jettas are... not a representative example of the kind of design and engineering that VW as a whole is famous for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocco75

Go back to the first dealer and tell them you were offered the GLI at the same payment. Maybe they'll sweeten the deal a little bit for you.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I would go with the GLI over the Golf. But definitely a GTI over the GLI. The golf/gti's drive better, but with the GLI you get alot more upgrades for free. I think you will get more on resale also.

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
Go back to the first dealer and tell them you were offered the GLI at the same payment. Maybe they'll sweeten the deal a little bit for you.

this would be what I did. I personally really like the hatchback more, maybe go back to the originally and see what you can pick up a low mileage gti?