GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What to Offer: CPO ‘16 GTI Autobahn

Cherbhy

Car(s)
‘17 GTI Autobahn
Looking for some opinions on what I should offer for this vehicle.
2016 GTI Autobahn w/ DCC
28k miles
List price $25k
Warranty- remainder of the 3yr/36k plus a 2 yr/24k VW warranty.

KBB value 18,5-23k fair market range. Perhaps I should offer $20?

Thanks in advance.

Aphron

CW :)!
I got a 2017 used sport dsg with 4500 miles for 24.5k cpo, in San Diego. Sounds expensive for mileage but not familiar with autobahn

krh7

doubt any dealer will listen to 5k under list for a CPO GTI. jalopnik is always writing how used cars are priced closer to market these days. good luck though! two in chicago are listed just under $23k, so likely you can get down 10%.

Last edited:

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
I sold privately my 2016 AB without DCC last feb with 26k miles towards the upper KBB range as mentioned here. With CPO, anything towards $20k might be a fair deal.

Cherbhy

Car(s)
‘17 GTI Autobahn
doubt any dealer will listen to 5k under list for a CPO GTI. jalopnik is always writing how used cars are priced closer to market these days. good luck though! two in chicago are listed just under $23k, so likely you can get down 10%.

Yeah I’m inclined to agree with you. He’s right, I’m always surprised by how little used or CPO Gtis are discounted. I will see if they’ll go down to that. I’m also interested in a 2019 se with experience package, but I don’t think the cost difference is worth it and I have yet to see any in my area

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
20k is a decent starting offer. I'm sure there will be a bit of back and forth. If you can get it for 22.5k OTD that's a pretty good deal

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Cherbhy

Car(s)
‘17 GTI Autobahn
They wouldn’t negotiate on the price at all. At least not over email. He said “we don’t have negotiating room on our online prices.” I offered him 22,5. Oh well. On to the next one.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
They wouldn’t negotiate on the price at all. At least not over email. He said “we don’t have negotiating room on our online prices.” I offered him 22,5. Oh well. On to the next one.

If they're unwilling to negotiate over email/text/online chat, move on. There are plenty of dealers who will, and you should spend your money with a company that isn't stuck in the 19th century.

codypka

Go Kart Champion
That's a bad price. I paid $500 more than that a year ago for my 17 Autobahn with 10k (granted mine did not have DCC), and I don't necessarily feel like I got that great of a deal.

22-23k seems like a decent price

deaddog

Passed Driver's Ed
In my recent search, I found that dealers in the Midwest were not moving at all, or just a couple bucks, on CPOs. The real movement is in new cars, driven in large part by the current incentives.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Can't hurt to throw it out there. CPO cars are sometimes hard to dicker on. If you get a snarky remark from the sales person, just laugh it off and say, 'gotta start somewhere" and then ask him the best he can do............the dance has thus begun.

Or in my case when I tried to buy a used 2016 PP car almost 2 years ago, they basically wouldn't budge off the asking price. That car sat on their lot for 4 months and it was finally reduced in price less than what I offered. Idiots! I then went to another dealer a week later and bought a new '17 Sport DSG for about $1800 more than they were asking and not budging on the 2016 PP/LP/DSG. The original dealer called me back to check and see if I was ready to buy, I told him, nope....I bought a new '17 Sport instead.