GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your WOT timing running at?

Radfox

Ready to race!
Hi all, I would like to know how much timing advance you are getting at WOT on your tune. Could please let me know what tune and stage you have what gas you run and what your max timing advance is when you are at WOT?

Thanks,

Radfox

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
JB1, usually running -2 or -3 last I looked at WOT.

I know its never gone positive at WOT, if so I would have to back down boost on the module.

Radfox

Ready to race!
JB1, usually running -2 or -3 last I looked at WOT.

I know its never gone positive at WOT, if so I would have to back down boost on the module.

Thanks gn4rwhals for the info! I don't know much about the JB modules could you answer a couple of questions?

I didn't expect to see a negative. Is this typical of the JB tunes? Is this possibly a fooled/intercepted signal from the module? I was expecting to hear numbers in the range of 10 to 20+ degrees BTDC.

Can you explain how you know you would need to back down the boost? Why would backing the boost down make the timing go negative?

What octane do you run and what is your elevation?

How does your car pull?

Thanks again for the feedback!

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
Thanks gn4rwhals for the info! I don't know much about the JB modules could you answer a couple of questions?

I didn't expect to see a negative. Is this typical of the JB tunes? Is this possibly a fooled/intercepted signal from the module? I was expecting to hear numbers in the range of 10 to 20+ degrees BTDC.

Can you explain how you know you would need to back down the boost? Why would backing the boost down make the timing go negative?

How does your car pull?

I was told that the timing should always be negative with this unit (I could of misunderstood) but this is not being biased by the JB1 and is read by my P3 gauge from the ECU.

The JB1 has boost adjustment with the software, right now I'm at +5.5psi running map 1, when map 2 and 3 get released the boost bias will be different. Backing off the bias may not effectively reduce timing but I was told to back it off if there was any out of the ordinary readings from the car, or if the car felt like it lost power.

93 octane, Detroit is roughly 600ft above sea level.

Pulls really well, dyno'd at 302whp/356wtq so far.

Radfox

Ready to race!
I was told that the timing should always be negative with this unit (I could of misunderstood) but this is not being biased by the JB1 and is read by my P3 gauge from the ECU.

The JB1 has boost adjustment with the software, right now I'm at +5.5psi running map 1, when map 2 and 3 get released the boost bias will be different. Backing off the bias may not effectively reduce timing but I was told to back it off if there was any out of the ordinary readings from the car, or if the car felt like it lost power.

93 octane, Detroit is roughly 600ft above sea level.

Pulls really well, dyno'd at 302whp/356wtq so far.

Gotcha. I found your post on the other forum and read through it. The JB sounds like a great plug and play! Thanks again for all of the info!

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie

How does your car pull?

What he is seeing is slight timing pull adaption. The JB runs against the stock timing curve.

Radfox

Ready to race!
I am going to do a give competition soon for a VAGCOM for our first customers.
What you seeing is the timing pull. You must try put a setting where it stays mostly zero.
George, when you say zero are you talking 0 degree average ignition timing BTDC , or are you talking about 0 degree cylinder ignition angle delay? Can you explain a little more about why the JB needs to read at 0 degrees.

Thanks

Radfox

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
George, when you say zero are you talking 0 degree average ignition timing BTDC , or are you talking about 0 degree cylinder ignition angle delay? Can you explain a little more about why the JB needs to read at 0 degrees.

Thanks

Radfox

0 timing retardation i.e. No timing correction from ecu
If you have vcds lig channels 535, 536, 537 and 538.

Radfox

Ready to race!
Most people don't have P3 gauges or VAGCOM to see it. :D

Do you have the P3? I am still looking around to see what's out there. The P3 is pretty cool but I had gauges in my AC duct on another car when I lived in Phoenix and it blocked too much of the air flow. In Phoenix, during the summer there are weeks it never drops below 100F, even at night.