GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is your opinion about wagons?

What is your opinion about wagons (not just VW, but in general)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Agreed.
FB_IMG_1636720617170.jpg
FB_IMG_1638182142263.jpg

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
Coolest dad stealth wagon on teh innertubez!

And as a wagon, best bang for buck with actual euro-sport handling...
I'll go out on a limb here and say: last of an era by the Folks Wagon design, at Peoples Car value.

Sure, there will be Mercedes,BMW CUVs etc, but to my mind a wagon is best volume vs handling...in utility, as one vehicle that can do it all...

The rest are wanna be SUVs...and at prices that just look stupid, too., to match the ego signaling.

But, then I'm a form follows function guy here...boring!

Last edited:

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I really like my wife’s wagon, though I can’t drive it hard without feeling bad. I prefer this much more than the b8 s4 it replaced. With coils, it’s got a really nice stance. I really wish I could swap a bigger engine and a manual, but that’s lotto talk.

Attachments

• E3B152B4-E76F-4B75-983B-B20C903A2E4A.jpeg
    E3B152B4-E76F-4B75-983B-B20C903A2E4A.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 69

cb1111

Just put on the snowshoes - yes, tiny little wheels, but the only task here is safety - and they're about four pounds lighter than the stock wheels. Crappy picture. Borbet RE in 16"

1639247207039.jpeg

and the second one
1639269401081.jpeg

I've got to wash the floor

Last edited:

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT
i love a good wagon but that's 36k for an alltrack with a rebuilt title.....
True but this is probably as close as you can get to a euro spec R wagon. There’s another guy on the east coast who has built a few but not sure what he sold them for.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
True but this is probably as close as you can get to a euro spec R wagon. There’s another guy on the east coast who has built a few but not sure what he sold them for.
Anytime a vehicle is that heavily modified it takes a very special buyer to pay extra for the modifications. Otherwise it's worth less than a stock car that wasn't modified. Insurance is a problem also.

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT
Anytime a vehicle is that heavily modified it takes a very special buyer to pay extra for the modifications. Otherwise it's worth less than a stock car that wasn't modified. Insurance is a problem also.
Very true. It would be close to impossible to get full coverage for it in a state like California, but who knows. I’m sure it’ll be an enthusiast who buys it anyways.

ckuhns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf Sportwagen
That thing is rad, if I had $36k laying around I’d seriously consider it..

though I think for that money I’d rather do my own in Tornado Red, big brakes like I have on my wagon, Ohlins Road and Track suspension etc etc..

miikez.

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GSW 4mo 6MT
That thing is rad, if I had $36k laying around I’d seriously consider it..

though I think for that money I’d rather do my own in Tornado Red, big brakes like I have on my wagon, Ohlins Road and Track suspension etc etc..
Exactly. If I didn't already have an is38 4motion Sportwagen I would consider it, even if it's the wrong transmission.