GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is the temperature of the HID's

Ducatij2012

Ready to race!
I don't know if it's just me but I find these HID bulbs on the stock lighting package lights to be very yellowish. I feel like the mkv I had before had a much more blue/white tinge than these ones do. Anyone know the temperature of these bulbs and know of a brand that has an output more like the prior generations?

TIA
Jason

JonManGo42

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't know if it's just me but I find these HID bulbs on the stock lighting package lights to be very yellowish. I feel like the mkv I had before had a much more blue/white tinge than these ones do. Anyone know the temperature of these bulbs and know of a brand that has an output more like the prior generations?

TIA
Jason

I'm pretty sure the OEM are 4,300K - 4,500K though I do not have a source for that.

You could go a little higher than that to get a whiter/bluer color.

Ducatij2012

Ready to race!
I'm pretty sure the OEM are 4,300K - 4,500K though I do not have a source for that.

You could go a little higher than that to get a whiter/bluer color.

Yeah I thought they were 4300 too. Maybe it's just that the led fogs look that much more blue to give an optical illusion. Thanks

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
The MK6's were my fav. Idk what temp they were at but they were one of (if not) the most white OEM HIDs I've ever seen

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Most OEM' HID bulbs across most if not all brand are around 4300Kelvin.
Copied from Hidlightreviews.com
The higher the Kelvin (K) of the kit, they bluer the light output is… The Kelvin number DOES NOT mean the light is brighter! Ideal driving ranger from an HID kit would be between 4300k to 6000k. The light output of a 4300k kit is the closest replication of sunlight, which is the ideal driving light. Kits in the higher Kelvin range, 1000K +, are so blue that the light tends to scatter before hitting the road, making the light output less efficient. Also, due to the high color saturation the light will not project as far as the 4300k and 6000k kits. Although this adds a great look to the vehicle, it is not the most effective in the way of lighting.

vrod

Ready to race!
They are 4150K-4300K, Philips XenEcoStart. I can only revommend to swap out those crappy bulbs for something better!

Ducatij2012

Ready to race!
They are 4150K-4300K, Philips XenEcoStart. I can only revommend to swap out those crappy bulbs for something better!

Yeah I'm guessing they're on the lower range of that k temperature. It's not much but it is noticeable to me. I think I'll try a 6000k bulb from ziza on ecs. That's for the agreeance that they're kinda a crappy bulb...thought I was losing my mind being Vw always used to have great look to their bulbs

Wutbürger

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah I'm guessing they're on the lower range of that k temperature. It's not much but it is noticeable to me. I think I'll try a 6000k bulb from ziza on ecs. That's for the agreeance that they're kinda a crappy bulb...thought I was losing my mind being Vw always used to have great look to their bulbs

Another vote that they're pretty lackluster. I posted similar concerns about them on VWVortex and was quickly told I was crazy, but after having driven a MK6 with HID's, the difference in both light color, output, and overall coverage/throw was night and day to me.

I wish they would've just utilized LED bulbs instead of HID (which they now are as an option except in the US)